2ize - another way doing for Windows 2000

ChrisKuhli

This is about the future patcher of Windows 2000. Unlike Vistapack or cX2K, it will a new base for!

Yes, new base of cX2K, but will not use the new - see The official ...ize x64 topic - xn-resourcehacker - it stays with reshacker as old(er) XPize...

You make think - is this concurrent of XPize? absolutely not!

2ize transforms XPize concept backwards to Windows 2000 like Vize does that to Vista ;)

First release i want to develop (not only) together with damian666.

I begin to develop this at weekend of 29./ 30. September 2007!

Earliest alpha is absolutely useless to ask. I will ask for some core testers when neeeded! But you can do an application as a tester to me, write a PM. I will inform if the fun will begin!

One thingy is absolutely clear: It will be not based on .NET 2.0.

Coding is in Delphi as a native Win32 application that runs the reshacker.exe scripts.

As i'm a good Delphi coder thinking the development will be faster as i would do in other language or with .NET!

Edited by ChrisKuhli

well that depends on what other aplications youl be using on your win2k box, example i used to have paint.NET installed - but when paint.net went away from 2k and nobody really filled the gap (backporting new features to win2k), i droped it from my install and replace it with another app

most other apps i use dont even use .net 1.1 so i might even consider dropping net.20 in full for any box i manage.

thats why i really dont understand why the move to a 64bit patcher (that most likely will be a bit slower) - for an old os like win2k its really useless to even cosider it...

you might ask me why im telling people to move to a potentialy slower patcher for xp32 than,

yet that is JUST and ONLY JUST because developing 1 single base for all xp and vista versions will be mutch easier than managing 2 seperate versions,

if i was to be building a 2k version id be sticking it with reshacker and probably something as simple as a compile batch script, something coded in VB.4 or resembling ...

@-I-: Should i purchase for VB 4.0? I've an very old version of VB for Windows 9x in 16/ 32Bit as it was invented in 1995/ 96! Other what i have is VB/VC/V#/VC++ 2005 Express. What should i prefer?

Hint: The early alpha's could be dropped ;)

BTW this posting is written in Windows 2000 yet which i added in an own partition on my harddisk :)

Greetings,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

it really depends on what you are looking for, but any ( 32bit supporting) version of vb / delphi or other language will do,

even batch files would work perfectly but like i said before, the old reshack.exe will make your life mutch easier....

its known, there are lots of example's in current xpize versions (to show you reshack scripts) ... and you can start right away...

the new patcher for you will be probably slower (at least at first), will take some time to debug etc.

specially since there is no 64bit version of win2k - it serves absolutely no use for you,

@-I-:

So i decide to create with the older reshacker like as XPize does until yet.

BUT, as i'm very able of Object Pascal/ Borland Delphi so i will use that. Which version - do you think - should i prefer? I've an old Delphi 3 Professional, and Personal of ver 6 and 7.

So, 2ize will be an own stream of development which isn't equal to the origin XPize! Philosophy will be - slim, fast but powerful as possible :D

Edited by ChrisKuhli

the language use for your aplication doesn't realy matter that mutch i think because the patches themselves are probably done by reshacker anyway, so the only 'programming' you will have to do is

> creating a nice control pannel thingy to enable or disable some of your feature...

> a tool to scan your patched files (to check for changes and updates) to see if you need re-patching them

> an install & uninstall process

the the rest is done by reshacker anyways...

specailly if this is something you do because you want to learn stuf from it....

i would recomand you to use Microsoft's native MSI installer

i think there are alrealy quite some good code examples in .NET for you to see how other people have done this..

and ill try to monitor your project if xpize64 wil let me.

wishing you mutch luck

Hello -I- :hello:

The decision for Delphi comes of the reason the rock solid ver3 of Delphi Professional enables me fast development cause of my skills...

Using the .msi installer is - calling - or full use? Hmm... i'll see look for some examples!

Advantage of using natively Delphi calling reshacker: Ability to patch under/ with every Windows that reshacker is able of (e.g. in derivates of 2ize)!

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli