Problem using SFC

Baldy

Hi.

I had an occasion to use SFC /Scannow,to "try" to find out if I had any corrupt DLL's ( I had been told that I did by HP)my computer is a HP that has pre-installed Windows.

After it went through its cycle & I restarted the computer I could NOT get Windows to open up.By that I am meaning that I could not get Windows to work.

I contacted HP & they informed me that they know nothing about Windows contact Microsoft

I tried to contact Microsoft about it,& they told me to start in safe mode,I could not even do this.I had to do a FULL recovery,including a format of the hard drive.

I feel that there may be a conflict but I do not know how to find & fix the problem.

I would welcome any help please

I have Windows Xp with service pack 2

TIA

Hi.

I had an occasion to use SFC /Scannow,to "try" to find out if I had any corrupt DLL's ( I had been told that I did by HP)my computer is a HP that has pre-installed Windows.

After it went through its cycle & I restarted the computer I could NOT get Windows to open up.By that I am meaning that I could not get Windows to work.

I contacted HP & they informed me that they know nothing about Windows contact Microsoft

I tried to contact Microsoft about it,& they told me to start in safe mode,I could not even do this.I had to do a FULL recovery,including a format of the hard drive.

I feel that there may be a conflict but I do not know how to find & fix the problem.

I would welcome any help please

I have Windows Xp with service pack 2

TIA

My problem is that I cannot scan from the HP,PSC2510 all in one printer.When I try to scan all I get is 6 distorted images.

HP has told me that there is a corrupt DLL,& I will have to contact Microsoft for them to address the problem.

What I find strange is that the computer is a HP & they installed Windows in section on the hard drive so as it can be retrieved when ever needed.

As said above they know nothing about Windows???????

If I go to the camera wizard in Windows I can scan from that: so there is no problem scanning from Windows direct,so how can it be that Windows has as corrupt DLL,when it scans????

I have spent 5 hrs (in total) at various stages on line talking to HP tech trying to get them to talk me through.

What I am trying to do is to find out which DLL "maybe" corrupt and repalce it.

I have deleted the hard drivr,formated it,reinstalled Windows & the problem is still there.

Thanks

[...]If I go to the camera wizard in Windows I can scan from that: so there is no problem scanning from Windows direct,so how can it be that Windows has as corrupt DLL,when it scans????[..]

This shows that the issue is NOT with your Windows installation but with the software (probably from HP) you are using to scan. Take the issue with HP support (which is cr*ppy, btw...).

PS. Edited to rant about HP :P

Edited by nitroshift

If HP or whomever wants to blow you off, what they'll do is go to microsoft's website and find a hotfix that isn't public. Then they'll tell you, "oh you need this nonpublic hotfix, contact microsoft". You've fallen for this scam. The problem is not a "corrupt dll", it's incompetent HP support.

-gosh

If HP or whomever wants to blow you off, what they'll do is go to microsoft's website and find a hotfix that isn't public. Then they'll tell you, "oh you need this nonpublic hotfix, contact microsoft". You've fallen for this scam. The problem is not a "corrupt dll", it's incompetent HP support.

-gosh

I've always suspected that HP software, like Kodak software, is written in some third world country that hates us.

My resolution for several customers who bought HP printer/scanner (AIO) devices is to box it up and take it back to the store and DEMAND their money back. Then buy an Epson. They install much easier and then work better.

I recently moved an almost new HP AIO device from a windows XP PC to a new Windows Vista PC. Both were HP brand.

It wouldn't install. It took much scouring through HP's archives and sub pages to finally find the new Vista drivers.

The customer would have NEVER found them. They were not easy to find at all and the download file was about 76 megabytes. Thanks HP! :angry:

HP like several other computer vendors, sometimes "adjusts" windows to fit their proprietary hardware.

M$ don't even want to talk to you about it. They'll usually tell you to talk to the vendor.

good luck,

Cheers Mates!

B)