[release] Editpad Lite 6.3.1

Gompedyret

Ok, this is my first add-on release ever, so be gentle. :whistle:

The honor belongs to one of my favorite text editors, Editpad Lite, recently upgraded to 6.3.1. I usually use Editpad for non-code text and notepad2 for code.

Some features from the home page:

• You can open as many files in EditPad at a time as you want.
  • You change between the open files by clicking on their tabs. No hassle with heaps of overlapping windows.
  • Reopen menu that lists the last 16 files opened.
  • EditPad puts an icon in the system tray that remains visible, even if EditPad is closed. This way you have easy and fast access to EditPad, without the need to keep it running all the time. If you do not like this, you can, of course, disable this feature and make EditPad behave like a normal Windows application.
  • You will enjoy EditPad's unlimited undo and redo. You can even undo changes after saving them, as long as you did not close the file.
  • EditPad reads and writes UNIX (LF only) and Mac (CR only) text files (in addition to DOS/Windows CR+LF files, of course).

Since JG Soft uses their own installer software which as far as I could see don't have any silent swiches I had to do a bit reverse engineering. Luckily the actual files are few, the exe-file and a quite volumous help file being the notable ones. I removed all menu entries, as I think this is a type of program that doesn't need to clutter the menu. It is not set up as default editor from the start, as that is better left as your choice. When first started (through the right click "open with"-menu), Editpad will ask if it should be your primary text editor. Also, it is fully uninstallable (yep, mighty pleased with myself :rolleyes: ), either from the add/remove programs list or through a shortcut in the program files/Editpad folder.

I have tested it both as an ordinary install and as an add-on to a windows installation and it seems to work okay. If you find that it doesn't, do tell. Likewise, if you see something that could have been done better or just more elegantly, I'm keen to improve.

File: Addon_EditPad_Lite_631.cab

Size: 2.69 MB

Download: Esnips

Home page: Just Great Software

edited: links

Edited by Gompedyret

• 3 weeks later...