HP psc 1400 series printer not installing...

Master_T

Hi guys!

I'm trying to install the HP PSC all-in-one 1410 printer on vlited Vista ultimate 32bit.

However, vista doesn't find the driver for the printer, although I'm installing it from the official HP driver package, downloaded from HP website.

As I removed printer drivers with vlite, I wonder if that's the problem, even if it sounds strange, as the drivers SHOULD be included in the "driver package" from Hp, I doubt windows needs OTHER ones.... or does it? Anyone tried this or a similar printer and can answer me?

OK, I got it working by starting installation of the vista package, and when the installer searches the drivers I just put the original winxp drivers cd and chose to manually istall the drivers and browsed to the driver's inf file on the cd. It seems the xp driver is correctly recognized and working under vista.... still I'm curious to know why the official driver package does not install it's own drivers correctly...

• 2 weeks later...
If you removed HP printer drivers try keeping them (just them). Also if it worked with the full Vista they are probably using parts of the built-in driver, nothing new there.

i have removed the drivers. is there a way to put it back without reinstall?