Cant install any update

manda

I used vlite 1.1 beta to remove all I wanted and now i cant get a single update installed, they all fail.

Also used the reg patch release to see if it would help and had no luck.

PS: Vista Ultimate 64 with patches till august.

Any solution?

post-87957-1188706206_thumb.jpg

I removed a lot stuff, including the things on the main page news, pretty much everything i thought it was useless, and after that i didn't disable anything else.

I attached my presets so maybe you guys can have a good idea of whats the problem, and one thing I noticed is when I used vLite on a Vista with August updates it wouldn't install, I had to use it on a July image.

Rafael.ini

Edited by nuhi

I removed a lot stuff, including the things on the main page news, pretty much everything i thought it was useless, and after that i didn't disable anything else.

I attached my presets so maybe you guys can have a good idea of whats the problem, and one thing I noticed is when I used vLite on a Vista with August updates it wouldn't install, I had to use it on a July image.

hmm, everything you've removed is fine because i remove everything you do and more!

Why does it say Target = Windows Vista ULTIMATE 32-bit and you talk about the 64-bit updates?

Also that part "with patches till august", don't you have a clean installation DVD or an ISO?

Why does it say Target = Windows Vista ULTIMATE 32-bit and you talk about the 64-bit updates?

Also that part "with patches till august", don't you have a clean installation DVD or an ISO?

never mind I did on the wrong DVD, but I'm using a 64bit right now, and thats the one I'm having the problems, and I removed the same things.

I have a clean install DVD, I just thought would be easier to do on a image already updated.

Are you saying that those failed ones are actually integrated, they didn't fail after the install?

edit: check this

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=686994

fixed in next version.

Nope, those are new updates that I got from Windows Update, the image I used was had all the updates integrated until July, and those on the SS are new ones.

ok, thats odd... mines doing the same thing :(

EDIT: doesn't matter now

OK, before you actually click install on the updates, goto "View available updates" and untick "Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB932596)" and install the rest of the updates. You won't be able to install the update above so its easier if you right clicked on it and select hide.

Edited by legolash2o

• 2 weeks later...
ok, thats odd... mines doing the same thing :(

EDIT: doesn't matter now

OK, before you actually click install on the updates, goto "View available updates" and untick "Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB932596)" and install the rest of the updates. You won't be able to install the update above so its easier if you right clicked on it and select hide.

I had to change my power supply but now I tried to do the updated unpicking what you said and it worked fine.

Thx Guys