Updated objective- looking for cpu cooler

clidx

thanks for the advice, i've now snagged a free freezer 7 pro!

and by overclock a "lot" is a Q6600 to 3ghz reasonable? what would be a limit to the freezer 7 pro and overclock? just a note, cores 1 and 2 run at about 37 C idle and 3 and 4 run at 35 C max (probably as cores 3 and 4 aren't really used much - yet). so what would be my limit?

any advice on what i should sell my GA-8I915G-MF + 2x512mb ddr RAM for?

hmmm i got about 50 C with the intel stock cooler, default clocked...

so at least it's a 10 C improvement. and remember i don't have any case fans except a tiny asus fan that came with the mobo.

i need a new chassis... anyway any ideas on what i should sell the old mobo for?

Edited by clidx

i could only find it on one shop via google products and it was going for a whopping £78!!!! for £3 less i got the p5b deluxe! it was made in 2004, by now i'd say it's a budget board.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=ga-8i91...sa=N&tab=wf

Oh yeah and i'm selling it with the 2x512mb ddr ram. both work.

EDIT i ordered a new case, not a cheapo beige one like mine was. it came with 1x120mm fan and 2x80mm fans and after i taped my psu cables (they're so bulky AND stiff) to the side i got about 35 C and that was with the fans off!

my floppy disk ide cable is everywhere, can you get some sort of ide to sata adapter for floppies? or the rounded ide cables, are they easy to bend etc? because i folded my floppy ide cable 3 times (not incl the plugs of course) and taped it but as you can guess it wasn't very flexible and I couldn't get it to reach the port on the mobo. (and YES i do still use floppy disks. no shame.)

Edited by clidx