When SP1 goes gold, will we be left in the cold?

Bilar Crais

The new Integrator version still needs some testing. To do this manual is alot of work and where are alot possible issues during the integration the Integrator can fix all issues witch i know in the moment.

What is the point of repeatedly telling us that your method works without explaining why or how? Do let us know, because we're all interested. Don't promote the program, however, like Nuhi said.

Edited by Super-Magician

The new Integrator version still needs some testing. To do this manual is alot of work and where are alot possible issues during the integration the Integrator can fix all issues witch i know in the moment.

What is the point of repeatedly telling us that your method works without explaining why or how? Do let us know, because we're all interested. Don't promote the program, however, like Nuhi said.

Been very busy personally for the past week but yes, that's all I was asking for as well. An integrator app does not help solve any questions because I was personally interested and many others as well in the method you used. If integration is still having issues with the method you discovered, then why not let everyone here help out fix the issues by telling us your method.

Edit: Nuhi's method for current hotfix integration is nothing unique that he kept to himself. It uses pkgmgr if you follow the integration process of vLite via Task Manager. As for myself, I've given out any info I've discovered in regards to integration of hotfixes back in the beginning of the year and the last reverse integration guide.

Edited by Arneh

Well SP1 integration, which is hidden in the vLite and will remain like that until fully working, works so that it gets the new packager files from the SP1 itself and then you integrate it like a hotfix. But I get some registry index error at the very end after the 20-30min of integration :\

If someone knows the solution that would be great.

Nuhi witch pkgmgr error did you get maybe i have a fix for it?

On my system using my Integrator witch can fix some issues:

Running Vista x86 it fails 2 of 10 times. If the integration fail i reboot and it works.

Running Vista x64 it fails 6 of 10 times. If the integration fail i reboot and it works then not i reboot...

Running XP x86 SP2 it fails eyerytime.

Edited by levien

Thank you for the offer but when I was going to try it again to get you the log it WORKED!

It is either slight change (turned off some of my debug functions which could have used the reg, dumb) or reinstall I had this morning. I hope it's number one or we have the same issue of it working when it pleases.

Thank you for the offer but when I was going to try it again to get you the log it WORKED!

It is either slight change (turned off some of my debug functions which could have used the reg, dumb) or reinstall I had this morning. I hope it's number one or we have the same issue of it working when it pleases.

I did it fine once manually (not using levien's integrator but using his method manually by making a batch script to do it for me), then I tried it again without restarting the machine, same OS etc., got an error in the logs for the main CAB, then I restarted it and tried it again and it went through fine once more. I guess it could be the Tools/OS being Pre-Beta etc. where one is seeing all this inconsistency.

Edited by Arneh

I've explained elsewhere on here that if there is any aborted or pending updates, both in an offline image or on your actual machine, then attempts to integrate any updates (not just SP1) will fail at least 50% of the time. A reboot is therefore required in this case, and recommended otherwise.

Well only problem is slipstream, they will release slipstreamed version so I believe we could request a new DVD from MS or something.

If someone, including me, manages to integrate SP1, great, if not we will simply silently install it, I can do that any time, problem is longer install time and more space taken.

Yeah, right now you can get the anytime upgrade dvd that can install all version except enterprise for $5. That's not really a huge cost to get a disc that has the sp integrated (IMO anyway)

Well only problem is slipstream, they will release slipstreamed version so I believe we could request a new DVD from MS or something.

If someone, including me, manages to integrate SP1, great, if not we will simply silently install it, I can do that any time, problem is longer install time and more space taken.

Yeah, right now you can get the anytime upgrade dvd that can install all version except enterprise for $5. That's not really a huge cost to get a disc that has the sp integrated (IMO anyway)

You can? Got a link?