A big hello from Netherland

M0NKEYPWNAGE

Hi all,

Just registered today because I think that this forum will provide better support than MSDN. I'm 19, running internship as an administrator at a small networkcompany which places and takes care of network infrastructures.

Explanation for properly pronouncing my nickname: M0NKEY.. Makes sense so far right? Pwnage is Ownage with as you see an P instead of an O. An typo commonly made, mostly on purpose by gamers and such.

Most unlikely that I'm the only Dutch one here, so I hope to meet other regulars from the red light disctrict soon because English ain't my strongest point. :whistle:

post-152639-1188302746_thumb.jpg

Most unlikely that I'm the only Dutch one here

If there is one IT site on the world with relative much Dutch members is it MSFN :P

You're a young Dutch but not the youngest, I'm 16 ;)

Welcome

Oh neat, so what are you doing here, also gaining information about unattended installations or is your field of interest more ...extensive than that? Dunno what this forum is all about, have been busy with WDS (new version of RIS). :)

Every day I see a new thing why my unattended CD is not perfectly. ;) Here I can find all the information (and some other sites) which I need.

WDS or RIS? Haven't tried that. I'm using the nLite + WPI method. With a bunch of other programs and update pack. Do you know there is a Dutch update pack? Also for IE, .NET and WMP?

Every day I see a new thing why my unattended CD is not perfectly. ;) Here I can find all the information (and some other sites) which I need.

WDS or RIS? Haven't tried that. I'm using the nLite + WPI method. With a bunch of other programs and update pack. Do you know there is a Dutch update pack? Also for IE, .NET and WMP?

The same in a few ways, instead of using an CD a Windows 2003 Server, WDS stands for Windows Deployment Services, RIS: Remote Installation Services. It's used by OEM's and companies. Here a big tip: don't even try it. :P I can't place the apps in BDD2007, very frustrating.

I do know there are several updatepacks, dutch too if not mistaken. Anyhow, thanks for welcoming me. Maybe I'll be able to find the pack again, when that happens I'll let you know.

Other Dutch guy here, I'm 23 being sysadmin @ at a big harbor company in several countries.

BTW M0NKEYPWNAGE

I would like to know some more about your experiences with WDS and BDD also setting up a test environment a.t.m. :)

Edited by DXK

Most unlikely that I'm the only Dutch one here, so I hope to meet other regulars from the red light disctrict soon because English ain't my strongest point. :whistle:

As long as you don´t post in Dutch all will be fine ;).

Welcome to the MSFN forums :).

Other Dutch guy here, I'm 23 being sysadmin @ at a big harbor company in several countries.

BTW M0NKEYPWNAGE

I would like to know some more about your experiences with WDS and BDD also setting up a test environment a.t.m. :)

Well I wouldn't follow Microsoft's Guide, haven't gotten any usefull information from 'em now that I think of it.. Well the Quick Guide was okay but I really can't think of anymore.

To put it simple, first download all the stuff, way handier, saves a lot of time and frustrations:

Install Windows Server 2003

Install SP2

Install AD, DNS and DHCP (configure too)

Install some other apps, come with SP2 most of the time.

Install WDS which came with SP2 (Windows components)

Install BDD2007

Install WAIK

(Don't nail me onto it if I've forgotten something, I haven't had my coffee yet. ;))

Start fiddling around. :P In the Quick Guide is explained how to do your first installation with an CD etc. Other documentation is in above posts too: lazyadmin & deployvista.com (is secretly also deployxp.com :ph34r: )

Oh, in my other topic I also placed that I added my first app: Adobe, how I managed to do that you can read at lazyadmin too. It's quite simple, the installation 'script' from the unattended guide won't work for WDS, so I really hope that there will soon be an guide for that here too. :)

Edited by M0NKEYPWNAGE