Running nlite on Vista to package XP

slam666

Hi,

I have windows Vista and would like to create a package for XP with nlite. I can start nlite on vista, select the XP source files, then the updates. When it try to finalize it start but then I get an error.

Anyone able to run nlite on Vista and create an image?

Thanks.

both nlite and vlite worked on vista for me. I had home basic on here and purchased ultimate, it worked in both with no issues.

are you running an vLite'd vista? a useful package or two could have been removed.

I am using Vista Ultimate, installed directly from the original DVD.

nlite start, I use XP sp2 source, it crash when I try to add patches (dont remember the error message). I did same thing on a XP machine and it work perfectly. I will try to reproduce the error and post the exact error message.

Yes this was confirmed to be because of some protection programs like Mcaffee Security something. I'm still yet to reproduce the issue, maybe then it will be easily fixable.

Maybe someone can guide me how to break it ? :)

(keep in mind that nlite on Vista without any third party programs works for sure)

i didnt have to do anything, i only got windows defender but i think it was because i had a power cut during the installation of Visual Studio 2005 .NET lol, so prob just corrupted file. Tried reinstall everything to do with VS 2005 but still doesn't work. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this problem too. When trying to insert a patch - select one from where they're stored and get message nlite has stopped working.

Event log shows:-

Faulting application nLite.exe, version 1.3.9.0, time stamp 0x466fbce4, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0x670, application start time 0x01c7f6b1e78d2c38.

Running nlite 1.4 beta on Vista Ultimate. Have tried running nlite as Administrator too - same.