need all post XP sp2 updates

rcatank

@maf - If you're looking for just the updates, the ones listed by WUD (which correspond to those needed by a bare XP-SP2 system) as "critical updates" come out to 108MB. AutoPatcher's May Core update alone is over 300MB, and then you need the update packs as well.

I understand that it has pretty much every update under the sun, but most people don't bother with the recommended updates.

Looks like AutoPatcher has been given a Cease & Desist. Hopefully WUD won't since it actually downloads the updates from Microsoft's site.

[/quote]

I sure as h... hope not,as I'm on a slow Dialup connection.I've been downloading critical updates to a CD/DVD (As time permits) for use later when I re-install my XP Pro Os.Funny,I was under the impression that these WUD's were kept on jsCarles site !

As a test,I tried to install some of the ones I already downloaded on my CD,but it seems to only want to install one at a time(Clicking each one individually) ! that kind of defeats the purpose of saving hours in

my estimation.Can I not do this simply without having to resort to nLite,unattended xp ...and the like?

VAN

I sure as h... hope not,as I'm on a slow Dialup connection.I've been downloading critical updates to a CD/DVD (As time permits) for use later when I re-install my XP Pro Os.Funny,I was under the impression that these WUD's were kept on jsCarles site !

As a test,I tried to install some of the ones I already downloaded on my CD,but it seems to only want to install one at a time(Clicking each one individually) ! that kind of defeats the purpose of saving hours in

my estimation.Can I not do this simply without having to resort to nLite,unattended xp ...and the like?

VAN

I think you misunderstand how WUD works. WUD Update Lists have a list of URL's for the actual download locations of the hotfixes from Microsoft's website.

Once you've downloaded them, you can integrate them either using a batch file, or by integrating them with nLite. I use nLite to integrate hotfixes and drivers, but I don't use it to remove anything from Windows. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. :)

I think you misunderstand how WUD works. WUD Update Lists have a list of URL's for the actual download locations of the hotfixes from Microsoft's website.

Once you've downloaded them, you can integrate them either using a batch file, or by integrating them with nLite. I use nLite to integrate hotfixes and drivers, but I don't use it to remove anything from Windows. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. :)

Hi Zxian,

Thanks for the quick response.

Q:I think you misunderstand how WUD works. WUD Update Lists have a list of URL's for the actual download locations of the hotfixes from Microsoft's website.

Understood,I had thought that jsCarle had downloaded all these fixes and parked them on his Website.

Q:Once you've downloaded them, you can integrate them either using a batch file, or by integrating them with nLite

As I indicated before I'm slowly Downloading all th updates on a CD,for future use when I re-install my Win XP Pro OS (I'm Posting all this on our Win 98 computer,as my Win XP is F...up).So,can you confirm that,once I have them all on a CD,I can then integrate the whole thing with nLite?

Q:I use nLite to integrate hotfixes and drivers, but I don't use it to remove anything from Windows. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. :)

I'd love to use nLite to integrate hotfixes,drivers,applications etc...but i've yet to learn how to create a batch file and to use it successfully.Thanks again.

VAN

Understood,I had thought that jsCarle had downloaded all these fixes and parked them on his Website.

Why waste bandwidth when Microsoft has it to spare. ;)

As I indicated before I'm slowly Downloading all th updates on a CD,for future use when I re-install my Win XP Pro OS (I'm Posting all this on our Win 98 computer,as my Win XP is F...up).So,can you confirm that,once I have them all on a CD,I can then integrate the whole thing with nLite?

Yes, you can integrate all* the hotfixes with nLite. It's one of the options actually. :)

I'd love to use nLite to integrate hotfixes,drivers,applications etc...but i've yet to learn how to create a batch file and to use it successfully.Thanks again.

You can integrate the hotfixes by using nLite or using a batch file. You don't need both.

Hope this helps. :)