Installation horrors

lolpie

Hey guys, I just installed nLite and don't know where to begin...

I set everything up, installed SP2, program addons, nVidia drivers, etc. Then when I booted the disk and it started copying the files, it kept giving me errors about not being able to read the disk. All I could do there was press F3 and quit, Enter and retry (didn't work), or press Esc and skip that file. So I held Esc while it installed. I think it didn't install around 100 files. Then after it set up the start menu and saved the settings, I got an error saying MSMSGS.cab or something couldn't be found.

I've trashed that disk and making a new one. What did I do wrong? I don't want this to happen again.

Thanks

You might also wanna check your RAM. Bad memory is notorious for causing copy errors on XP cd's.

MemTest is a program I've used often to check RAM, and has worked pretty well for me. Unlike MemTest86, you don't need to burn it to a bootable CD. You can run it under Windows.

And always test your ISO's by mounting them to VMware first. You can save yourself alot of "silver beer coasters" that way. ;)