Driver Integration and Vista activation

badkarmaboy

Hello,

I tried to integrate my device drivers into my vlited Vista Ultimate x86 SB edition, but upon activation I always get the same error:

"The license key is already activated on a different computer" (or so, I don't remember the exact wording, but I got the meaning).

If I don't integrate the drivers into the vlited DVD the activation process completes successful. For this I started up vlite again and removed the drivers from the "already integrated drivers" list, but did not change anything else. Tested with vlite 1.0 and 1.1beta.

I am at a total loss as I don't know how to integrate my device drivers into the vlited DVD because of above error.

Does anybody experience the same on their systems?

Best regards,

bkb

on the unattended page enable "Skip Automatic Activation", try that

Ok, I tried that - no difference.

@nuhi:

Yes, I integrated a NIC driver, but only a more recent one than the Vista builtin (Marvell Yukon Gigabit), so the system has always network access.

I just left out the drivers for now and went with a slimmed down install. As long as I don't integrate any drivers the activation is working. Maybe it's the Vista version? My version is a "Windows Vista Ultimate x86 OEM System Builder Edition (German)".

Edited by badkarmaboy

Marvell Yukon Gigabit, strange i have that and i don't get that problem :wacko: may i ask what your motherboard is? just curious...

Maybe it's the Vista version? My version is a "Windows Vista Ultimate x86 OEM System Builder Edition (German)".

Maybe, if you can try a different version

Edited by legolash2o