KDS lcd

dirtwarrior

I just traded around and got a KDS lcd for free. My first lcd. I hooked it up and everything is fine for a few seconds then the screen goes blank. The power lite is still lit but no display. I can turn lcd off then on and everything is fine for a while.

Is my monitor shot?

Looks like the monitor has a heat problem that courses false contacts or so...

No warranty on it? Then I would open it and reseat the cables inside the screen: just pull them out of the contacts and put them back in. Be careful if you use contact-spray that you don’t spray on your display, which could heavily damage the screen…

It depends on the temperature, but you say that the screen looks fine for some time so I guess it didn’t affect it. If the screen was not packed the contacts could be oxidized when it was not stored in a dry place. I think you have to open it and look at it first ;).

Hard to see with the info on the internet, but I’m sure it’s clicked together. Use your fingernails to open it a bit, not with a metal screwdriver that would damage the screen. If you’re lucky it pops open a bit or you can see where the click-connections are hidden.

Okay, let’s continue the operation ;).

Now, unclip each connector and clip it again, starting with the one that comes from the screen... Check inside the connector if you can see some white or green oxidation...

Peteski told you it could be a backlight problem, so I need to know how the screen looks like. It goes blank you say? Totally white? Or Black?

Nothing on the screen. I asked the guy who had it before me, he said when left plugged into wall for a few days it worked for him. I left it plugged in overnite and now it works. What do you think is wrong with it? If I were to guess myself I would guess a cap going or gone bad in power supply. Am I close? Is this monitor going to quite me soon?