[SOLVED] WPI 6.x + Office07 BUG

Hi all,

I know this has been here before on the boards, the discussion about the weird issue between wpi and office07. It seems while office07 is applying updates, wpi gets a little of track and gives an error.

I am curious what update causes this error with wpi. Since I know there are people who dont have this issue I checked the differences between a working wpi+office and a not working wpi+office. The difference appears to be in the updates folder of your office07 directory.

The following updates could cause this issue:

I am running several tests now to determine which one is it :P

EDIT:

the weirdo error with wpi seems nothing to do with updates located in the update folder. The cause is somewhere between the components you selected to install. Do you run a default installation no error, do you force to install all components and sub-components > error. At least that's on my configuration the case.

Can somebody confirm this?

Keep yu updated ;)

Edit2:

After 10+ Office installations tonight. I narrowed it down and know now the possible causes of this confict with WPI. Installing MS Powerpoint or MS Excel with All components FORCED will result in conflict.

HJW

Edited by HJW

I have also the problem with WPI and the installation from Office 2007. For me it's the Windows update KB933566 (IE-Update XP and Vista) which causes the error when integrated in i386 (nLite) or install.wim (WAIK).

I do not integrate this update before running WPI, no error during installation.

• 2 weeks later...