install Windows XP on Vista Laptop

nikchris

Hallo everyone!!

I recently bought an ACER laptop that came with Vista pre-installed. I dont want them :rolleyes: .

When i try to install Xp i get the "no disk found" error message.

What kind of drivers should i slipstream to my Xp cd?

I have everest Ultimate edition on my laptop and i says my pc has i940GML Northbridge and Intel 82801 ICH7M Southbridge.

should i look for windows driver for them? I cant seem to find them nowhere......

I woyld be pleased if you could help me,

Thank you....

I did the same with my hp 6275. I had an option in my bios to disable native sata mode which let me install xp, then I installed the drivers after it was loaded then turned native mode back on. Eventually I did slipstream the drivers anyway. Just letting you know you might have other options to get it up and running asap.

If anyone else is trying this, here's a little tip for ya all:

I couldn't find the XP drivers ANYWHERE for Acer laptops with Vista pre-installed. Finally, I found them... at Acer's european site!!

My guess is that Microsoft can strong-arm Acer not to support XP in their newer laptops here in the states, but in Europe (where they're constantly getting slapped with anti-trust lawsuits), they had to be more XP-friendly. Remember that Europe released the Windows XP-N version, too.

Link:

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads.html

Hope it helps someone reverting their Vista-installed Acer laptop back to XP. ;)

I couldn't find the XP drivers ANYWHERE for Acer laptops with Vista pre-installed. Finally, I found them... at Acer's european site!!

heh, I had a similar issue with finding them for my hp. Had I known that I could have checked a foreign site. Instead I found another model with the same controller that was sold with xp.

EDIT: just for fun I gave it a shot, no such luck in Europe either.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...181〈=en

Edited by arctirus

I did the same with my hp 6275. I had an option in my bios to disable native sata mode which let me install xp, then I installed the drivers after it was loaded then turned native mode back on. Eventually I did slipstream the drivers anyway. Just letting you know you might have other options to get it up and running asap.

I already knew about that but there is no such option in the BIOS

intel will have them you want the F6 floppy drivers download. name: f6flpy32.zip

Well, its kinda difficult to find a floppy in a laptop, isnt it?

PLEASE, WHERE CAN I FIND SATA DRIVERS TO SLIPSTREAM TO MY WINDOWS XP?

setup a vm with a floppy in it, extract the floppy image to the virtual floppy drive, then copy them out of the vm to your windows installation. Or install a virtual floppy drive and do the same thing without the VM. Then integrate them into your installation cd.

Just download the Intel 945GM drivers from Intel. They, in fact, keep all their F6 Drivers in 1 Package! Then you nLite to slipstream them to your CD...Or just use Intel's flppy32 installer and it will copy them to a floppy. Then when XP Setup loads, press F6 (really early during setup) and when prompted insert your floppy. SCROLL through the list until you find a driver that has ICH7M (probably AHCI) and select it. Then continue with the rest of setup.

Just download the Intel 945GM drivers from Intel. They, in fact, keep all their F6 Drivers in 1 Package! Then you nLite to slipstream them to your CD...Or just use Intel's flppy32 installer and it will copy them to a floppy. Then when XP Setup loads, press F6 (really early during setup) and when prompted insert your floppy. SCROLL through the list until you find a driver that has ICH7M (probably AHCI) and select it. Then continue with the rest of setup.

Did u bother to read that this is about a LAPTOP? And it's 940 Chipset...