Network IP camera

techywiz2007

can someone provide me a link to a good setup guide to install a network ip camera?

i have one i want to use with skype, a panasonic BB-HCM371A,

but when i get to the part where the guide i have, says to enter the ip address (of the camera) into the web browser,

i have no way of knowing what the ip is, as it's not hooked up to the compupter in any way...

please help, as i don't have much knowledge on this subject.

thanks

wow that thing costs alot!

anyways, do you know if it is connecting with your rotuer? login to your router and check what devices are attached to it. hopefully you will see the camera and it will list what ip address it is using.

it's actually a camera i;m trying to set up for the company i work for with video conferencing,

but i have another, an elmo... something or other, it's set up already so i can't check the model number.

it's more expensive, but we want that for our video conferencing, but so far i haven't been able to make skype allow single video inputs,

it has to be a webcam as far as i can understand.

it's not even connecting to our router,

i plugged it in to the LAN, and it shows activity, but when (name of network administrator) went to check for it in the list of connections, it wasn't listed.

so i don't know what to do now.

The manual should say where you can find the IP adress. Most of the time it´s even printed on the camera it self. You can access the camera using that IP adress in a browser like Internet Explorer by typing in the IP adress directly in the adressbar.