ASUS comes with a motherboard with onboard RAM

puntoMX

ASUS wants to be the first with onboard DDR3 RAM. Don´t know what to think about it but I would see what you guys and girls think about it ;).

General specs are:

- Intel LGA775 Platform

- Intel® P35 chipset

- Intel® Core™2 Quad / Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Duo / Pentium® Extreme / Pentium® D / Pentium® 4 Processors

- Onboard memory, 2GB, DDR3 1333MHz

- Onboard memory feature Guaranteed to overclock above DDR3 1500

- Pure Copper Heat Pipe

- 6*SATA/2*SATA on the Go/ 1394a

- Dual Gigabit LAN

1183993758.jpg

Link to the P5K3 Premium/WiFi-AP.

Edited by puntoMX

ya i saw the video review of it with an asus guy. suppose to be fairly cheap too, compared to buying the ram separatly. it is hand picked ram that should overclock very nicely and stay very cool.

Well, the board is like 250 US$ online, 2GB RAM is like 70 US$ for DDR2 and for 210 US$ you have DDR3.

I still think that people who buy highend motherboards will stay with non-onboard RAM, even if they sell the combo for 350 US$...

The combo like this is relatively cheap and separate RAM won't be cooled with these very nice heatpipes. I would like to have this board for the looks alone.

But if this memory ever fails it can't be replaced!

Well, the memory doesn´t die that fast, not even when you OC it to the max. with the ASUS software/hardware settings.

But ASUS gives normaly 3 years on there products, so does iNTEL on there CPUs (boxed versions). In Europe you got 2 years on consumer electronics any way, and the law in holland is protecting consumers well.

More woried about the RAM that isn´t be upgradeable... Looks are indeed okay with those nice coper ribs :).

Edited by puntoMX

thats a pretty cool idea, but i dont like the idea of it not being upgradeable. i would like to see a setting in the bios that would allow you to disable the onboard RAM and use the RAM slots and vice versa.

there are no ram slots..

but what i want to know is what is under the ram heatsink? are there slots there? if so, how many?

Cool idea. But can you add more ram?

No you can´t.

Well, that's pretty useless then. Just buy a motherboard and you can pick how much RAM to put in and then upgrade. Instead of buying a new one everytime you need more RAM.