Can't uninstall item

tal ormanda

i see in your profile that you use vista, but you posted in xp... is that correct? I dont run vista myself, but i normally use JV16 Powertools to remove programs i cant uninstall. Your Uninstaller Pro is also a good one :)

I hope there is new uninstaller software which support vista. If the application is on xp you can use different types of uninstaller.

Other ways is already posted:

irishbear :Run the Set-up again, you should get a screen asking you if you want to modify, Repair, or uninstall, and select the uninstall.

i hope it's gonna work

I got rid of my laptop with vista on it. I'm getting a mac then putting vista on that. I'm on my old desktop.

As you see on the picture, there is no button to hit uninstall or anything.

i see in your profile that you use vista, but you posted in xp... is that correct? I dont run vista myself, but i normally use JV16 Powertools to remove programs i cant uninstall. Your Uninstaller Pro is also a good one :)

What tool on JV do you use? I dont see anything there.

When I go to try and uninstall it with Ccleaner I get this error:

82688333mg8.png

Edited by tal ormanda

For future reference, if its a piece of software that you no longer use and the Add/Remove entry remains, simply navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Find the entry for the program and delete it. You could use CCleaner or the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for the same thing as well.

Ccleaner wouldn't remove it.

Yeah, sometimes you get the "Cannot remove MSI Installer" error message when doing it with CCleaner.

Yeah, don't get that. Whats the whole point in having the remove feature if you can't even do it.