fed up with CdShell, looking for easy alternatives?

gospeed

Completely FED UP with CdShell and its errors. Tried different brands of disk, different drives, and different pc's. CdShell boots up about once out of 10 times, when its in the mood. The other times it gives and error with a code that apparently has not been decoded, as a google search only finds more problems like mine. I could deal with it if it wasnt so intermittent.

I need something RELIABLE!

I am not familiar with any boot menu's besides cdshell and bootscriptor, and I am trying to find something that is similar (Easy to learn!), yet current and supported.

Can I get some recommendations? Again, ease of use for me is most helpful. Maybe someone has a sample of their boot menu I could take a look at to see how its set up? I like how easy to understand both cdshell and bootscriptor were.

Thank you in advance! ----Jeff

Edited by gospeed

Bootable CD Wizard is what I use the most. I found it the most compatible and easiest to use.

There's also EasyBoot, which is by far the easiest GUI based system I've come across. It supports mouse and multiple resolutions, and hasn't failed to boot on any of the systems so far. It's not free though. ($29.95).

Well, I played with bcdw a bit and really like it, and it seems to be stable on all my machines which cdshell was not.

I will likely get into isolinux at some point, but for now this will work just fine! thanks everyone B)

And in response to the end of bcdw, what is it with all the great people in our hobby just disappearing? Poof! Gone :(.

Edited by gospeed

Well, I played with bcdw a bit and really like it, and it seems to be stable on all my machines which cdshell was not.

I will likely get into isolinux at some point, but for now this will work just fine! thanks everyone B)

And in response to the end of bcdw, what is it with all the great people in our hobby just disappearing? Poof! Gone :(.

yup.

it's sad... that the guy who wrote bcdw has gone like about 3yrs, just like the guy who wrote that in the link that i have posted here.....