Vista bootskin unattended

Hi frnds,

i hope u r familiar with NO-GUI method of bootskin changing. tht we need to msconfig>boot>enable NO-GUI boot right? but how can i do it unattended. i mean which command can enable NO-GUI boot option during setup?

AMIT

enable NO-GUI boot option during setup?

bootlogoxc5.png

CMD /C BCDEDIT /SET QUICKBOOT ON

in your autounattend.xml at synchronous commands or add this entry to your setupcomplete.cmd in %windir%\setup\scripts when you are using $oem$ folders.

Regards,

HJW

@HJW, btw can i have ur bootskin which u have shown above?:)

thnx

AMIT

No Problem, I am not quite satisfied with my current bootscreen, but it will do for my unattended dvd.

bootlogoyr0.png

BCDEDIT /SET QUIETBOOT OFF to go back to orginal progressbar.

HJW

Would be nice if i can still have the progress bar

umm..no it cant have progress bar in this method. caz while quick boot is enabled, it is showing a BITMAP image as a bootskin. i dont know how to change tht original progressbar bootskin. if anyone knows plz share ur knowledge with us :).

AMIT

change tht original progressbar bootskin.

AMIT

Vista runs a digital signature check on the file with the progresbbar (NTOSKRNL/NTOSMPA), when changing bitmaps inside those files Vista will refuse to continue with its bootprocess, so you got stucked with an unbootable OS :whistle: thnx for those virtual machines :thumbup

Idea :o what about a custom kernel file defined with bcdedit (like in boot.ini with XP)??

HJW

Edited by HJW

change tht original progressbar bootskin.

AMIT

Vista runs a digital signature check on the file with the progresbbar (NTOSKRNL/NTOSMPA), when changing bitmaps inside those files Vista will refuse to continue with its bootprocess, so you got stucked with an unbootable OS :whistle: thnx for those virtual machines :thumbup

Idea :o what about a custom kernel file defined with bcdedit (like in boot.ini with XP)??

HJW

omg...yes....y r u waiting for :D i will start playing with bcdedit from now . good luck to you and me :thumbup .

AMIT

• 1 month later...

i got another problem,

in vistax64, to replace bootskin with custom one is the same procedure as in vistax32. i mean replacing system32\en-us\winload.exe.mui and it works fine.

but my problem is, that i have replace winload.exe.mui in install.wim and repacked it ( i have assured replacement by remounting install.wim and checked whether it is replaced or not ) but after installation of vista, vista replaces that file with same default one.

let me explain, the default vista winload.exe.mui file size is 25 KB , now i have replaced this file in install.wim with my custom bootskin which is 4 mb in size. now i have saved install.wim. but after installation of vista, vista replaces this 4 mb file with its default 25 kb file!!! while this file isnt exists in install.wim! so i think there must be a backup file of winload.exe.mui in install.wim. and i think this file is "winload.efi.mui" i m not sure. so i m asking u guys to help me with this! how can i put my custom bootskin unattended? :)

Regards

AMIT

enable NO-GUI boot option during setup?

CMD /C BCDEDIT /SET QUICKBOOT ON

in your autounattend.xml at synchronous commands or add this entry to your setupcomplete.cmd in %windir%\setup\scripts when you are using $oem$ folders.

Regards,

HJW

At the risk of sounding dumb...where would I put this image to replace bootscreen?

btw - isn't it QUIETBOOT as opposed to QUICKBOOT?

Edited by razormoon