How do I bypass SurfControl Software

sakulati

Hi All,

I tried using the ip address instead of dns as well as converting the ip to octal then adding 8 zeros to the

first and third octal then adding 7 zeros to the second and fourth octal. Sometimes it can get into the filtered

site but the page is not displayed properly, pictures are not all loaded, and I can't stream a video.

Clicking a link will sometimes, lead me to the blocked page saying " Access Denied Access to the requested URL has been denied by SurfControl"

Any help that will completely bypass this software will be appreciated.

Thanks,

As an admin of a surfcontrol webfilter I can only say this.. If your admin spends a lot of time fine tuning the webfilter.. your chances are not very good. If your admin installed it and let it run, SurfControl does not categorize very many proxies and there are a ton of them available. Atleast once a week I find a new proxy that someone is using and I will block that.. It all depends on the upkeep of the filter categorizations but proxy is the best way...

More info: http://www.searchlores.org/obscure.htm

I run an SSL proxy on my machine at home and carry with me a small program that uses a proprietary (I wrote it) encrypted steganographic protocol going through port 80 (basic functionality: hide stuff in HTTP headers) when I need to use restrictive computers at some institution for internet. Hasn't failed me once :)