Removing "Shared Documents" from "My PC" doesn&#39

HachiRoku

Hello

As described above, the problem found is very simple, so I'm reporting it.

I have a Spanish lenguage Windows XP Pro SP2 nLited with the RC version of nLite, but no matter what, the option to remove the Shared Documents (or folders, don't know how is it on english...) doesn't works.

That section in My PC keeps appearing (had to remove it through regedit).

That's the only problem I had with the new RC, wich is REALLY GOOD!

Greets

Bye

to all who encountered this problem:

Malfunctional Remove Shared Documents tweak has been already reported several times. The problem is not related only to Shared Docs removal, this tweak is just the most noticeable one.

Please do this three steps:

1. Open setuperr.log file in the Windows directory and let know if there is an error logged (such as userenv.dll register error).
  2. Attach your Last Session.ini. It would be great to finally found out which combination of options causes the problem. I wasted much time, but still can't get the hang of it.
  3. Go to Start > Run dialog and execute this command...
    rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\nLite.inf,nLite

...then reboot your computer and it should be "fixed".

Hi

First of all, sorry because I didn't searched before reporting... :blushing:

As r3incarnat0r said, checked the setuperr.log file, but it was completly blank (size is zero bytes!).

The ini file I use is attached, hope it helps finding the glitch.

A question before I try the CODE thing: should I do it???, even if I removed the stuff through regedit??? because if that's what it makes, it wouldn't make any changes...

Thanks

Nico

WinXP.ini

Edited by HachiRoku

That's weird. To be honest, I expected you to encounter this error:

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll because of the following error:
DllInstall returned error 2147746132 (80040154).

In my case, if the tweaks were not applied, this error was always logged. I tried your ini, but everything was installed/applied OK. Can you please check also other tweaks if they're enabled as you selected in nLite?

Regarding the nlite.inf command, it depends if it was applied during installation or not. I recommended it because the nlite.inf beside tweaks should also perform the registry cleanup prrocedure (because of removed components). If your only problem is Shared Docs tweak and other registry mods are done already, you won't need to execute it. As I said above, try to find out if other stuff is applied. If you need more help, just attach your nlite.inf.