Problem of update on the website

Hello,

after an installation of Windows 98 SE on clean hard disk,

I wish upgrade my system by windows update (because the hotfixes of 2006 aren't included in the SP).

Unfortunately, I'm not able to download the updates : when the scanning begin, it stop suddenly (at 0%) with this error number : 0x80072F89 .

The product lifecycle of Windows 98 SE has reached this end but the current updates should be available..

What's the problem ? Why I cannot access on Windows Update ?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Hello,

after an installation of Windows 98 SE on clean hard disk,

I wish upgrade my system by windows update (because the hotfixes of 2006 aren't included in the SP).

Unfortunately, I'm not able to download the updates : when the scanning begin, it stop suddenly (at 0%) with this error number : 0x80072F89 .

The product lifecycle of Windows 98 SE has reached this end but the current updates should be available..

What's the problem ? Why I cannot access on Windows Update ?

Thank you in advance for your answer

It was already discussed here, just install http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownlo...en/rootsupd.exe

Microsoft certificate in Windows 98 has expired.

Petr

• 2 weeks later...

note that you MUST re-run ROOTSUPD.EXE to re-install the Root Certificates Update whenever you upgrade or un-install Internet Explorer as the updated certificates may not be retained after upgrading or un-installing IE.

• 1 month later...