[Release] Windows Live Safety Scanner

Shark007

This is a Windows Live Messenger addon. If you don't use WLM, you don't need this program.

The 1st time you attempt to transfer files with WLM you get a pop-up asking you to install this software. No offline installer exists for this program, until now. This installation is svcpack compatible and can be installed before or after WLM. This software does not have an icon. It is used by WLM as needed. This installation is silent, and switchless.

Get it from my repository(s)

shark

Edited by Shark007

UPDATED

There was a problem in my initial release of this installer that i didn't discover untill after doing a live installation using the svcpack method. This re-release is now under 2 MB! Also please note, if you're installing this on an existing machine, this installation isnt active untill after a reboot.

shark

Thanks Shark well i intergrated it into my Xpcd it works fine for me... great job and thanks again! :P

ScOOt3r!

Thanks for the response/input ScOOt3r :thumbup

From the lack of responses, i can only assume this is working just fine. Glad you all like it.

shark

• 10 months later...
This is a Windows Live Messenger addon. If you don't use WLM, you don't need this program.

. This installation is silent, and switchless.

Get it from my repository(s)

shark

Link isn't working anymore , I liked to report that :rolleyes:

Edited by Shark007
fix link

• 3 months later...

The quoted link does indeed not work anymore. Perhaps you found out yourself already, but the links in Shark007's signature do work and the file is available there, as I just downloaded it from there myself ;)

I haven't installed it yet, but only took a look in the archive file and I noticed the file TitanLog.log, which I believe can be deleted from the archive. As for the file wlss.reg, the uninstall string at the bottom of the file hard links to the C-drive, which should be changed to %ProgramFiles% in my humble opinion. Nothing which I cannot do myself, but I thought I would let you know Shark007.

The quoted link does indeed not work anymore. Perhaps you found out yourself already, but the links in Shark007's signature do work and the file is available there, as I just downloaded it from there myself ;)

I haven't installed it yet, but only took a look in the archive file and I noticed the file TitanLog.log, which I believe can be deleted from the archive. As for the file wlss.reg, the uninstall string at the bottom of the file hard links to the C-drive, which should be changed to %ProgramFiles% in my humble opinion. Nothing which I cannot do myself, but I thought I would let you know Shark007.

of course you may change that path to a variable if you wish, but then it will no longer work.

shark

of course you may change that path to a variable if you wish, but then it will no longer work.

:lol:

I would like the uninstall string to point to the correct path, hence the wish for a variable. If it's hard coded to look at the C-drive, it won't uninstall if it should have looked at for instance the D-drive instead to uninstall. Is there another way to solve this, as apperantly it's not possible to change the uninstall path to a variable? Can the file TitanLog.log be removed safely, or does it break the installation?

The new version has an error

I am unable to re-create the issue with my local installation file{s).

perhaps ...

your download was corrupted?

my upload is corrupted? (which server?)

have you tried to download from the 'other' repository?

I am on dialup and finding the corrupt file would be easier for you .... please assist.

shark