Registry Tweaks Pt 3

As per the request of forum mod Allanol I have started this thread. Attachted is the most recent updated file. Please see this Link for the prevoius thread. as said by prathapml in last thread

It contains registry tweaks that you can use during your unattended installs. For the sake of having a new beginning, an attachment is here, containing most of the registry tweaks from Part1 (made and sorted by JohnnyDo). Copy/Paste whatever tweaks you want from it into your RegTweaks.reg. It was checked by many here, and found good. DO NOT USE THE ATTACHED FILE DIRECTLY - it is ONLY FOR REFERENCE. Use only the tweaks that you really need, and can understand.

It would be good for searching, if this thread had only registry tweaks that aren't already found in the ZIP file. Also, off-topic chit-chat being kept to a minimum would be nice. smile.gif

Please read the entire set of tweaks in this attachment, before submitting a new tweak. And use the

blocks for registry code.

Please note that [b]prathapml[/b] has stated he will update the reg tweaks again when he has time.In the meantime please using the following file

Last update 10th October 2005 by [b]Glent [/b]

Please do stay on topic and keep this thread clean, for easier viewing

Registry_Tweaks_10_10_05.rar

Edited by glent

Yeap, no problem.

Take Care,

Will

BTW can a mod edit the first post to include a link to Registry Tweakage .net post. ;)

Just a though. Think post new comers would find that very usefull.

does anyone know of a tweak for "user must change password at next logon"? i searched the file but couldnt find it...

Make a batch file with these lines. :)

REM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REM ----- The Following line makes account passwords not expire after 14 days

REM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

does anyone know of a tweak for "user must change password at next logon"? i searched the file but couldnt find it...

Make a batch file with these lines. :)

REM ----- The Following line makes account passwords not expire after 14 days

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

that just makes it so it doesnt expire at all, i guess i could set it to 1, but ill try the other script from the MS page first...

@Sgt Strider: Use this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"LinksFolderName"=""

A long with a batch file which executes this:

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST %SYSTEMDRIVE%\SYSTEM32\CMDOW.EXE CMDOW @ /HID
IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\FAVORITES\LINKS" RD /S /Q "%USERPROFILE%\FAVORITES\LINKS"

If you want to remove the favorites folder then change it to favorites and you'll delete the links aswell.

Hope that helped!

Marthax

@DmitryOlenin :

I found this on a forum:

quick launch size right click quick launch bar when unlocked > View > Large Icons

Hope this helps,

Marthax

EDIT:

@Brando569: I guess that the thing that mr.bo was trying to say is that you are supposed to remove that line. That's why he uses "REM" all the way on every line.

Edited by Marthax

Thanks for the link, but there is no information on there on how to remove the links and favourites folder in Internet Explorer. Does anyone here have the registry tweaks for that? Thanks.

Might want to use this too?

;Disable IE Links Bar
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions]
"NoLinksBar"=dword:00000001

quick launch size right click quick launch bar when unlocked > View > Large Icons
go to "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%owner%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

and add or delete shortcuts  (batch file)

Well, it's good.

I want to resize my Quick Launch bar with many shortcuts using registry tweak after Unattended Install.

Can you help me? :unsure: