[Release] Aero-Signature / Aero-Avatar

SiMoNsAyS

i really liked my old Gorilla-Signature but now i was a bit bored and you know what happens if you see that photoshop shortcut so lonely... lol

Aero Avatar

AeroAvatar.png

Aero Signature

Frame01.png

Frame02.pngButton01.pngButton02.pngButton03.pngButton04.pngButton05.pngFrame03.png

i've used some of the images i found on the net (most of them "longhorn inspiriat").

tell me what you think and what do u correct :)

edit: i've just finished adding the propper links to the buttons, it's time to move from Gorilla... :hello:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

It's really nice. I like the two green objects flanking the center objects. After seeing all those build 4074 screenshots, aero + green = good. The avatar is nice, but it's hard for me to accept the new monkey. The old monkey was so light and happy and chill, but this monkey is all skinny and mysterious and "arghh im gonna attack you" or somethin. The Yellowish/gold circle on black reminds me too much of that wallpaper i see everywhere with the dragon and the symbol in the circle in the center or something ok I think i've lost you...

I like your avatar. Got that Australian aboriginal look to it and keeping your monkey theme. :D No monkeys in Australia that I know of.

Did you design and make it? It has a nice layout. Posture of the monkey is cool, the yellow reptilian eye effect is nice (I know it is probably not what you intended). It leaves you feeling like it was left by a different culture, from a different time and it was supposed to mean something.

DL

@Tokugawapants, i really loved my gorilla. "he will be back..." :lol:

@DL, it's the ximian logo. see below for more info ;)

@EliasXP, after searching the web for a longhorn-look i found longhorn inspiriat avedesk desklets that i've used as the base of the new signature. i'm not planning on making a tutorial because i simply resized a few layers added transparencies and a couple of effects and colorizing. i'm not a geek at photoshop, i only know how to play with layers and channels, add transparencies and apply a couple of effects :P

@CHANDER, i saw it too. that theme really rocks and non-grayscale wallpaper looks amazing.

most of the graphics you can see on my avatars and sigs are from current projects:

ximian project

Ximian®, now a part of Novell, is the leading provider of desktop and server solutions helping to enable enterprise Linux adoption all over the world. Ximian offers a complete Linux desktop environment and productivity application suite as well as enterprise software management solutions to dramatically reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining Linux systems.
jimmac, creator of many graphics for the ximian desktop suite.

mono (gorilla) project

Mono is a comprehensive open source development platform based on the .NET framework that allows developers to build Linux and cross-platform applications with unprecedented productivity. Mono's .NET implementation is based on the ECMA standards for C# and  the Common Language Infrastructure.

longhorn aero-themed and longhorn inspiriat.

support them plz :D

@SiMoNsAyS

Well.

Hmmmm.

I saw your avatar and really liked it. Still do. But, even though I asked if you had drawn it or not, subconciously, I thought you had. So. I am thinking to myself that SisMoNsAyS has left enough of an impression on me that I thought he had done the graphics himself.

Now, if you will notice, I have no avatar and no signature. I am a novice, noob, homeuser. If I find something that I feel happy with or manage to make my own, I will use it at the point that I feel worthy enough to put it up. I know that people subconciously feel more familiar with someone who has an avatar. Like putting a face to a name. The avatar can be a reflection of the person's personality and usually is from what I have seen.

Back to SiMoNsAyS. I would really like to see something you have done. Something new. Obviously, with me having seen the ximian logo and thinking it was yours, you might have a high hurdle to jump. You don't have to do anything at all. I just thought I would ask/challenge you.

Best wishes,

DL

@DL as you have said you just put a face to a name.

why i used ximian logo? simple, i love ximian desktop, as you said you find something you feel happy with or manage to make your own. i don't agree with simply copying something and set it as yours so i decided to make something like a tribute.

ximian is a linux suite so i thought mixing it with a windows look would gave the desired result. that's why i used longhorn-aero look, something like ironic.

i'm so obsessed that i'm working on a custom gui-pack of ximian for windows. i won't fit in my character if i'm not using it.

btw, there's another reason. have you watched starship troopers? i love the book that was based the movie and if you've watch the movie you'll now why an ape.

so yes, i look at it and i see something "mine" so if you told me to i won't move over other thing, perhaps when tired, i'll accept the challenge and design something different.

thanks for your words :)

@DL as you have said you just put a face to a name.

why i used ximian logo? simple, i love ximian desktop, as you said you find something you feel happy with or manage to make your own. i don't agree with simply copying something and set it as yours so i decided to make something like a tribute.

ximian is a linux suite so i thought mixing it with a windows look would gave the desired result. that's why i used longhorn-aero look, something like ironic.

i'm so obsessed that i'm working on a custom gui-pack of ximian for windows. i won't fit in my character if i'm not using it.

btw, there's another reason. have you watched starship troopers? i love the book that was based the movie and if you've watch the movie you'll now why an ape.

so yes, i look at it and i see something "mine" so if you told me to i won't move over other thing, perhaps when tired, i'll accept the challenge and design something different.

thanks for your words :)

Cool. :D