Adobe Reader 7.0 Unattended

leebobs

Not sure if Frank_Sechrist meant it in this way, but if you want to create a automated install that shows progress as its installing, you can repackage it using IExpress.

Its getting late here so i'll be quick....

- Download the full package and run it (as Frank_Sechrist mentioned) but dont continue to install it, so you can just get the unpacked files (usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 7.0\Setup... or something similar) and put the files in place of your choosing i.e. where you are going to make up the package from

- Cancel the installation (u may have to click next once first)

- [start] > [Run]

- type iexpress and click [OK]

- Follow the prompts and enter info as needed - but with the following additions:

a] Package Purpose - option 1 - Extract files and run an installation command

b] Packaged Files - [Add] the files from the place you put the extracted files

c] Install Program to launch - put setup.exe /s /v"/qb" in the field where it says Install Program

d] Package Name and Options - I've ticked the 2 options on this page as the msi file is a long filename so this package may not work with 95 as it stands

e] Configure Restart - I've chosen No Restart here as typically I would be installing other apps after it

Its worth saving the "SED" file so that you can come back to the installation if you want to alter the package or recreate it at a later date.

I've used this successfully on Windows XP SP2 only a little while ago and it installed with no problems that I've fonud so far :)

Note: I take no responsibility for any side effects that could happen from getting things wrong ;) ...just so you know :)

Regards,

N.

Not sure if Frank_Sechrist meant it in this way, but if you want to create a automated install that shows progress as its installing, you can repackage it using IExpress.

Its getting late here so i'll be quick....

- Download the full package and run it (as Frank_Sechrist mentioned) but dont continue to install it, so you can just get the unpacked files (usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 7.0\Setup... or something similar) and put the files in place of your choosing i.e. where you are going to make up the package from

- Cancel the installation (u may have to click next once first)

- [start] > [Run]

- type iexpress and click [OK]

- Follow the prompts and enter info as needed - but with the following additions:

a] Package Purpose - option 1 - Extract files and run an installation command

b] Packaged Files - [Add] the files from the place you put the extracted files

c] Install Program to launch - put setup.exe /s /v"/qb" in the field where it says Install Program

d] Package Name and Options - I've ticked the 2 options on this page as the msi file is a long filename so this package may not work with 95 as it stands

e] Configure Restart - I've chosen No Restart here as typically I would be installing other apps after it

Its worth saving the "SED" file so that you can come back to the installation if you want to alter the package or recreate it at a later date.

I've used this successfully on Windows XP SP2 only a little while ago and it installed with no problems that I've fonud so far :)

Note: I take no responsibility for any side effects that could happen from getting things wrong ;) ...just so you know :)

Regards,

N.

nice and good.thanks for ur explanation.it helped me a lot

First, that FEAD extractor is time-consuming. Then, the original installer takes too much time too. Make an Admin-Install Point instead!

1. Start the original Acrobat reader 7 setup.

2. It will de-compress itself from the FEAD optimizer

3. Look in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU" for the extracted installer with MSI.

4. Open a command-window into that folder, and run the main MSI with the "/A" switch to make an admin-install point folder.

5. Copy away that folder safely.

6. Test the install now.

7. SFX the AIP created above, to extract silently to a folder of your choice.

8. Have your unattended scripts run the MSI with the /QB switch.

The total time-saved during uA setup = 2 mins.

Space saved on CD = 10 MB.

old page

My problem is that I want to be able to Install Unattended as well as a "regular" installation from the same installer.

So I must choose between:

1) 21.5MB - Lighter (original .exe)

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS CODE, IT IS INTERFERING WITH OTHER PROGRAMS INSTALLERS

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 7.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader\AdobeReader.exe /s /v\"/qn\"" /f

BUT when the FEAD optimiser is finished and Acrobat Reader is just starting to install, RunOnceEx is moving to the next line...

2) 35.1MB - Faster (Extracted .msi and .cab)

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader\AdobeReader.msi /qn REBOOT=Suppress" /f

Is there a way to make a pause in RunOnceEx?

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS CODE, IT IS INTERFERING WITH OTHER PROGRAMS INSTALLERS

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader\AdobeReader.exe /s /v\"/qn\"" /f
Pause/Wait for 1 minute...

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Next Application" /f

It doesn't take long for Adobe Reader to install once extracted...