I NEED WindowBlinds Switches

alhaddar

I couldn't find any working switches back when I was looking.

It is a Wise Installer, but just using /S doesn't work. :D

I repackaged it into a MSI for myself. I don't see anywhere in my capture where it captured the Serial Number, but it seems to install and run just fine for me. :rolleyes:

(Also, this way I changed my personal settings and pre-installed additional themes)

:)

alhaddar

I'm using a JavaScript file like I did with Ad-aware. This is what you do:

Create a text file in the root of drive C and name it wb.js but not wb.js.txt, then copy and paste the following lines into it:

wb.js

function getWin(win, inc)

{

var cntr = 0;

while (!WshShell.AppActivate(win))

{

if (cntr==12) return true;

cntr++;

WScript.Sleep(inc);

}

return true;

}

var WshShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");

var oExec = WshShell.Exec("windowblinds.exe");

while (oExec.Status == 0)

{

WScript.Sleep(2000);

getWin("Enter Window", 2000);

WshShell.SendKeys ("WB-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx");

WScript.Sleep(500);

WshShell.SendKeys ("{ENTER}");

WScript.Sleep(500);

WScript.Sleep(500);

WScript.Sleep(500);

WScript.Sleep(60000);

WshShell.SendKeys ("%{F4}");

WScript.Sleep(500);

}

WScript.quit();

Put your windowblinds.exe in the root of drive C, too. If your executable has a different name, then consider modifying the name in red inside wb.js, too.

Replace the xs with your serial number.

Now, you have got these files in the root of drive C:

C:\wb.js

C:\windowblinds.exe

Run wb.js manually to test it. The 60-second interval (60000) is the time taken by the app to install on my PC. I use this method for version 4 enhanced.

Should you ever have problems in this method, let me know.

Edited by mazin

Yes, you can't run JS or VBS files while NAV is running because ScriptBlocking is enabled.

Choose "Authorize" or disable ScriptBlocking first within NAV, or use your Task Manager to terminate NAV itself.

This is a known issue. The JS file works great.

sorry because i've never run javascript code... how can i run it from programs.cmd (commandline)?

Before you can run wb.js by a batch file (programs.cmd or whatever), make sure both wb.js and windowblinds.exe are in the root of your systemdrive.

Include these lines in your batch file:

cls
@echo off
ECHO Installing WindowBlinds 4.0 Enhanced
CD %systemdrive%\
Start %systemdrive%\wb.js
sleep 70
Del %systemdrive%\wb.js
Del %systemdrive%\windowblinds.exe
exit

You're assumed to have sleep.exe in your %systemdrive%\Windows\system32\ before runnng the batch.

• 2 weeks later...

@Joe User 99

I would love to know what tool you used to repackage this app, especially with a new theme and the serial intact. A brief rundown on the repackaging procedure would be nice, too. :)

I'm using AutoIt right now--and it's a pain--and have no real experience with the method you mentioned. I'm pretty good with "paint by numbers" though. Any help would be much appreciated.

I used Wise Package Studio 5.1. But it's a high dollar app.

For freeware, try WinInstallLE 2003.

Basically, it's a before and after snapshot. You take the before snapshot, then install the app, make any configuration changes, in this case, add new themes, etc, then take the after snapshot. The app then compares the two snapshots and builds a msi out of the differences. That is the basics. After getting some experience under your belt, you can then edit the msi, and move/add/remove features, shortcuts,etc.

I can't list step by step, as I've never used the WinInstallLE 2003. I used the one that comes with the 2000 server cd, but it was too feature limited, so I chunked it.

I know there are some cheap shareware msi editors out there also, you just have to find one you like. While they all build msi installs, their user interfaces, etc are all different.

Good luck!

Thanks, Joe. OnDemand Software claims their product--WinInstallLE--is the same one that was bundled with the 2000 server CD. Gonna give it a try later this summer, but for now I will stick with your method as suggested in this thread. I ran into some 'hidden window' issues while using AutoIt and just can't seen to get past them, so poop on that route. :)

Finally got this bugger to work! :) I ended up using InstallRite to create an installation package, entering serial number and applying the theme of my choice along the way. I run the package AFTER first boot (many attempts to install this package from RunOnceEx failed miserably). After the package is installed I end the routine by adding the following key to the registry so that the theme will be applied following a forced reboot:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WindowBlinds"="C:\\Program Files\\stardock\\object desktop\\windowblinds\\wbload.exe"

I'm using AutoIt to run my first boot routine, which installs CursorXP, Belarc Advisor, Window Washer, and WindowBlinds. The routine also cleans up icons and directory structures along the way, the whole thing looks magical. I don't know who thought up the idea for this forum, but my hats off to them! Couldn't have done this in a million years without everyone's help.