Android 4.4.4 KTU84P KitKat OTA Available for Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi
Nexus 7 (2012) Wi-Fi users can now enjoy the latest security fixes including OpenSSL bug-fix and various feature enhancements for KitKat, with due release of Android 4.4.4 build KTU84P KitKat stock firmware via Over-The-Air (OTA) update.
Those who missed the official OTA update notification for the latest KitKat build and want to upgrade the firmware from Android 4.4.3 KTU84L to Android 4.4.4 KTU84P can follow the step-by-step guide below to install the same manually via ADB sideload method or CWM/TWRP recovery based on your convenience.IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Key Points to Remember
- The instructions and download links provided in this tutorial are meant for the international (Wi-Fi) variant of Nexus 7 2012 edition. Do not attempt installing this firmware on incorrect variants as it may inadvertently brick or damage the device permanently. Verify the model number of the device by navigating to Settings >> About Tablet.
- Ensure your Nexus 7 is running on Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L firmware build, before you proceed. This guide is not meant for devices running older Android 4.4.x firmware builds and the installation might fail on such devices.
- The procedure given in this guide works for both locked and unlocked bootloaders as well as rooted and non-rooted Nexus 7 (2012) Wi-Fi devices.
- The article is split into two sections: one for installing firmware via stock recovery and the other via custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- If the device is stuck at booting or is experiencing boot loop issues, perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
More info: ibtimes.co.uk