I'm having trouble with HFSLIP 1.5

Sgt_Strider

OK. Please download the attached ZIP file and expand it to your main HFSLIP working folder. Run get_asms.cmd; it will compare both ASMS folders and output the new files with a relative path into ASMS_NEW.TXT (compressed into ASMS.CAB). Can you attach the cab with your next post?

get_asms.zip

Sorry... too many tests.

I'll prepare the "minimal setup" files and post the ASMS.CAB.

So the next run does not inculde any patches, no IE7, no dotnet and no WMP11. Branding.cab is removed and HFANSWERES.INI is corrected to "IE7SVCPACK=" (instead of "IE7SVCPACK=1" with IE7) and DRIVERCOMP=A.

Nevertheless the installation worked with drivercomp=d.

---------------------------

EDIT: The results...

ASMS folders are equal in size, number of files and number of folders. They are identical. The ASMS.cab contains just an empty txt-file (see attachment). I also added the hfslip.log and the HFANSWERS.INI. Just to confirm the errors mentioned above I'll try to install from this source.

ASMS.CAB

HFSLIP.zip

HFANSWER.zip

Edited by CharlyBrown

I did it and it failed. The ASMS-folder-error again.

What I did:

HF: All needed patches until today (removed the replaced patches and I removed KB923191 as you said), IE7, WMP11.

HFCABS: BRANDING.CAB, IEAWSDC.cab, iuctl.cab, MuCatalogWebControl.cab, MUWEB_SITE.CAB (I downloaded it today and it is a little bit larger than the file I used until now.), OGAControl.cab, OPUC4.cab.

HFSVCPACK: dotnet2.exe

HFTOOLS: I changed the hfanswers.inf to IE7SVCPACK=1

Attachment: HFSLIP.log as RAR file.

What should I do next?

HFSLIP_log.rar

OK. I'm going to take a closer look at your list.

Meanwhile, can you tell me if the following three files exist in your original source (SOURCE folder)?

I386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\comctl32.dll

I386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\controls.cat

I386\ASMS\60\POLICY\60\COMCTL\comctl.cat

OK. I'm going to take a closer look at your list.

Meanwhile, can you tell me if the following three files exist in your original source (SOURCE folder)?

I386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\comctl32.dll

I386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\controls.cat

I386\ASMS\60\POLICY\60\COMCTL\comctl.cat

The files are there but with an underscore at the end:

comctl32.dl_

controls.ca_

comctl.ca_

(they are also available in SOURCESS)

----------

Attached: DRVINDEX.INF files from SOURCE and from SOURCESS.

-------------------

Edit: I'll do a new build with DRIVERCOMP=D but without any other changes...

DRVINDEX.zip

Edited by CharlyBrown

Strange that you have compressed files in your original ASMS folder. There was a time when HFSLIP compressed new ASMS files in the new source but people were complaining that this caused Windows setup to fail so we stopped compressing ASMS files. I guess I could have HFSLIP compress updated ASMS files if they are compressed in the old source.

Your DRVINDEX.INF files only show that there's something weird going on with your system. The following files are missing after merging the driver cabs:

okml3320.gpd

okml3321.gpd

okml332x.gpd

okml9res.dll

I strongly suggest that you run a chkdsk /r on the partition from which you run HFSLIP as well as your system drive, and pay special attention to the names of the files which are "repaired". If any hotfixes are shown, they should be redownloaded. After that, also delete the SOURCE folder and copy your CD again.

CHKDSK /r on the partition that contains the HFSLIP folder: 0 errors.

I did a run with DRIVERCOMP=D and everything included: It FAILED! The same ASMS-error as before. So drivercomp=d did only seem to help because it was a "minimal" configuration that works with drivercomp=A as well.

New build: :-( ASMS-Error.

I'll do some strange builds just for testing purposes... something like: "only IE7" ... "IE7 + WMP11" ... "some but not all patches" etc.

*g* *sigh* Why can't this just work on my System? I need that system soon but want to have it installed this way.

----

I tried to integrate IE7, IE-patches, dotnet2 and WindowsUpdateAgent30.

Files in your HF folder:
IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-deu.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-DEU.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-x86-deu.exe
WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

Files in your HFCABS folder:
iuctl.cab
MUWEB_SITE.CAB

Files in your HFSVCPACK folder:
dotnet2.exe

It failed.

Tomorrow I'll try it without IE7. I hope that it is one of these (maybe dotnet2.exe?) that causes the error. If I can find the reason we may be able to solve it. I'll keep you up to date.

-------------------------

EDIT:

I tried the same updates + 928255 and IE7SLIPSTREAM=1 (instead of IE7SVCPACK=1), just to get sure that it is not the way how I integrate IE7. The installation failed as ususal (ASMS....).

Next build is already running: Removed IE7 and 928255 that was just added for the IE7SLIPSTREAM-test. Still remaining: dotnet2.exe from Ryan and Windows Update Agent 3.0. If this build fails I'll remove dotnet2.exe. Somehow I feel that it might be the dotnet2.exe.

-------------------------

EDIT2:

No IE7 but dotnet2.exe and Windows Update Agent => ASMS-error

Next: Without dotnet2.exe; Windows Update Agent 3.0 only.

If this will work I'll add everything except dotnet2.exe. If it fails I'll remove the WinUpdateAgent3.0 and add IE.

Edited by CharlyBrown