Reducing the menushow delay ms

charbel

Hi, I've seen there is an option to reduce the Menu delay on windows, but its set to 20 ms. I was wondering how I can change it to 0, or it would be nice if nLite would allow you to change that setting.

Any ideas on how to set it to 0 (so i dont have to change it everytime I install windows :P )?

Open Registry Editor (type regedit in Run dialog box and hit enter) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

Now look for MenuShowDelay String (REG_SZ) value, change the value to 0

You can make backup to .reg file using export function. and further you can patch this reg setting in your clean installed Windows

First find either (or both) HIVEDEF.INF or NLITE.INF and edit it. Search for MenuShowDelay, change the number at the end. You can get rid of multiple entries, but keep the lowest in the file.

NLITE.INF is compressed by nLite after processing the disc alterations, so you need to decompress it, which can be done from the command prompt by using "expand -r nlite.in_". Then delete the original file.

You can put it in a .reg-file and import it from cmdlines.txt.

Read this about .reg-files and this about cmdlines.txt.

A value of 0 may be too fast, try something like 2-5 or even 5-10. It isn’t slow, just feels slightly better in my and many others' opinion. The time we are talking about doesn't seem like much (a few ms=milliseconds), but it's somewhat noticeable. The default setting for it is 250.

I don't use the tweaks in nLite (have my own tweak file), but I'm pretty sure that particular tweak is in there.