Mobo

FabulousFred

EPP is just marketing... It will set the best timings for you automatic but with some tweaking/restarting you can do it yourself. It´s just made for nOObs ;).

didnt know that, thx. i spent a good few days getting my ram to optimal settings. my dfi bios has like 20+ settings for ram.

Ordering tonight!

The Parts

ASUS Striker Extreme Mobo.

2 sets of Corsair PC2-6400 Ram for 4 gigs

Intel E6700 core 2

I already have an antec case and a PSU that should be fine.

Ok PPLs......Anything wrong with this? I love opinions :)

well im wondering about you. do you really want SLI? you could get a 200$ mobo w/ intel chipset. an e6600 which will easily reach e6700 speeds and beyond. sell your 7900gtx. get an 8800gts.

if you do that, you will save $100+ on the mobo, 100$ on the cpu, ebay your 7900gtx for 200$. thats 400$. a 640mb 8800gts costs ~350$.

just something to throw out at you :)

the only difference between the e6600 and the e6700 is that the e6600 has a multiplier of 9x and the e6700 has a multiplier of 10x.

all this helps out on is overclocking, but when your using multipliers or 9x and 10x, they really don't make that much of a difference unless you have phase change and you are trying to overclock to an insane speed. then there is the clock speed but you can easily overclock the e6600 to e6700 speeds, EASILY. so get the e6600.

here are 7900gtx's on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/7900gtx_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40

i love evga also, if you get an 8800gts, get an evga.