MTP audio device detected as image device

XIII

Hello,

Recently I've been working on a clean installation of XP on my PC. One of the first things I do after only Windows itself has been installed is checking whether all my peripherals still work. Somehow I managed to forget to check my Philips PSS231 MP3-player, which is a MTP device. After several evenings of tweaking the installation I finally connected the MP3 player to discover that it is recognized as a camera instead of a MP3 player... :angry:

I vaguely remember having this problem in the past, but my previous/current installation works just fine: the player is recognized as an audio device. As far as I know, I have used the same nLite settings for the new installation. One difference is that the old installation used a WMP10 add-on. I installed WMP11 later by hand. Now, I directly integrated WMP11 using booogy's add-on.

Most likely I once again made a stupid mistake and removed too much... What options do effect MTP devices?

And (FAQ :blushing: ) is possible to restore these without a complete re-install?

well it might be caused by integration of wmp 11 ...i got someone reporting this a creative mp3 player.

but i tried it on my mp3 player and everything worked just fine.....

as a debug u can try reinstall wmp11 manually....and if it works please report back.

as a debug u can try reinstall wmp11 manually....and if it works please report back.

(Wo)Man, you saved my day! In fact, several days :thumbup (I already was afraid I had to do a repair or even fresh install).

After a manual reinstall using the original WMP11 executable as distributed my Microsoft, my MTP device is recognized as MP3 player!

Oh, just wondering: the default music provider is MSN Music NL now, where it was Urge before.

Does this depend on the executables used to install? (I use neither, so it does not really matter)

can u please tell me

did u use my addons or slipstreamer?

on what source?

as for music service....depends where u are......if u are in NL tehn will be choosed automatically.......(it was urge because that is default in my vanilla).

did u use my addons or slipstreamer?

The Boooggy Tweaked WMP11 Addon, version 1.4.7, from 24-May-2007.

on what source?

XP SP2 with RVMUpdatePack 2.1.10, RVMAddonsDX9 1.3, and NR_IE7en_Addon 1.0.5.

BTW, the problem is most probably MTP related, because my Creative Zen Nano (a USB Mass Storage compatible MP3 player) was recognized before I did the WMP11 manual reinstall.

i dont think so.......but u can try....

also can u try with new vanila addon? i made some modification in regentries...and i am curious if its workin....

Edited by boooggy