Windows System Image Manager

dcyphure

i came across this, to me it sounds similar to vlite. i figured many here have heard of it so thought i'd ask whats this program about in relation to vlite and where can i download it, couldnt find link to it at ms site

Windows System Image Manager is a tool for customizing and automating the installation of Windows Vista. Windows Vista significantly improves Windows System Image Manager, which enables easy customization of Windows Vista for deployment. These improvements include the following:

* Script Windows System Image Manager from the command line.

Add, modify, or delete optional components such as languages, service packs, updates, and device drivers within an existing image using an unattend file.

Create and edit XML-based unattended-configuration files for automation of installation.

The result of the improved Windows System Image Manager is that desktop images are easier and faster to engineer than previous versions of Windows. Windows System Image Manager provides more flexibility for adding device drivers and components. It lets you easily automate the installation of Windows Vista by using the unattended-setup answer file, which is now based on XML.

i came across this, to me it sounds similar to vlite. i figured many here have heard of it so thought i'd ask whats this program about in relation to vlite and where can i download it, couldnt find link to it at ms site

Windows System Image Manager is a tool for customizing and automating the installation of Windows Vista. Windows Vista significantly improves Windows System Image Manager, which enables easy customization of Windows Vista for deployment. These improvements include the following:

* Script Windows System Image Manager from the command line.

Add, modify, or delete optional components such as languages, service packs, updates, and device drivers within an existing image using an unattend file.

Create and edit XML-based unattended-configuration files for automation of installation.

The result of the improved Windows System Image Manager is that desktop images are easier and faster to engineer than previous versions of Windows. Windows System Image Manager provides more flexibility for adding device drivers and components. It lets you easily automate the installation of Windows Vista by using the unattended-setup answer file, which is now based on XML.

this is a microsoft official tool for creating unattended vista installs. it nowhere near as easy to use as vlite nor do i believe it strips and rebuild a smaller vista wim like vlite does. there's a guide to using it found here.

Edited by geo411m