Integrating GeForce 8800 Drivers

floyd8673

I have several new computers for some people the past few days and as part of the process I always create them a 'recovery' cd that will contain all the latest Windows updates (at the point of creation) as well as all the drivers integrated so that they can be up and running without my help if they ever need to reinstall Windows (there is more to my recovery cds to make it more user friendly, but no need to detail that)

One of my builds is using Windows XP x64 edition.

Everything works out just fine. Integrated service pack 2 (not with nLite though, as other topics have pointed out the same problem I was having, had to do it manually through cmd) integrated the raid drivers, chipset driver, audio driver, hd audio bus driver, lan driver, and video driver.

However, the video driver (158.22_forceware_winxp64_english_whql for GeForce 8800) is integrated, but does not install during windows setup. Once Windows has been installed I can bring up device manager, manually search for a driver, the driver I integrated comes up as a choice, and i can install it without issue. But why isn't it installing during windows setup?

When I manually install the driver, the window where I select which driver I want tells me that that driver is not signed, but doesn't give any actual warning or error prompts.

The driver is suppose to be signed, as its declared WHQL. The nv4_disp.cat is present in the driver.cab file.

My winnt.sif file contains the lines:

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Any ideas?

I have several new computers for some people the past few days and as part of the process I always create them a 'recovery' cd that will contain all the latest Windows updates (at the point of creation) as well as all the drivers integrated so that they can be up and running without my help if they ever need to reinstall Windows (there is more to my recovery cds to make it more user friendly, but no need to detail that)

One of my builds is using Windows XP x64 edition.

Everything works out just fine. Integrated service pack 2 (not with nLite though, as other topics have pointed out the same problem I was having, had to do it manually through cmd) integrated the raid drivers, chipset driver, audio driver, hd audio bus driver, lan driver, and video driver.

However, the video driver (158.22_forceware_winxp64_english_whql for GeForce 8800) is integrated, but does not install during windows setup. Once Windows has been installed I can bring up device manager, manually search for a driver, the driver I integrated comes up as a choice, and i can install it without issue. But why isn't it installing during windows setup?

When I manually install the driver, the window where I select which driver I want tells me that that driver is not signed, but doesn't give any actual warning or error prompts.

The driver is suppose to be signed, as its declared WHQL. The nv4_disp.cat is present in the driver.cab file.

My winnt.sif file contains the lines:

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Any ideas?

driver.cab as in the driver.cab thats in i386? might want to see if putting it in i386\svcpack will fix it.. just a stab in the dark tho really. personally I have always just made a silent install with the nvidia installer (extract the big exe, then run setup.exe -r in a running windows, copy the setup.iss into the installer folder, and then copy that folder to CD, using setup.exe -s as the install command at runonce), as I ran into problems with the geforce 7xxx series not installing when integrated, but that is another issue, not related to nlite.