XP64 SP2 problems

Digga

Hi,

First I have to say nLite is a great little program, and this is the first real problem I've had with it...

I used nLite to slipstream SP2 into the 64bit version of XP without any problems.. but after installing XP onto my machine I experienced some network problems, such as not being able to assign any ip to it, and find XP trying to work something out for a good 2 minuets at boot up.. By 'working something out' I mean it acts as is its trying to install some hardware each time....

So, my only real change was SP2.. Did a few tests, one cd with SP2 the other without.. No other changes. SP1 Worked without a problem SP2 caused the above. I even tried to install SP2 file onto the SP1 install, but after it extracts all the files I get an error reporting the update.inf file is not correct...

WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB914961-SP2-x64-ENU.exe

I do have the right SP2 file don't I ???

SP1_LAST_SESSION.INI

SP2_LAST_SESSION.INI

Another little problem I encountered was the quick launch bar corrupting after using the Tweaks section, happens regardless of service packs. Anyone know which Tweak causes this?

Thanks,

Digga

First of all, i'm very sorry for my poor English. :(

So,

exactly the same problem.

BUT

i don't try to integrate SP2 in Xp64, I allready have win xp pro x64 with sp2 (VL X13-41611).

and the same thing happends. Can't assign any IP to any adapter. Can't repair connections. Can't even use local services (mental ray satelite for 3ds that use a connection to 127.0.0.0, nither network license for some software). The "ping" command says that i have no any net-adapters installed. Sometimes, when i close the connection, then reopen it, it says that the cable is not plugged-in (after one or two minutes, it plugs itself)...

I though, i remove something that i should not. But now, i don't thing so, cause i left all that are somehow in relation with the network...

Is there something i can do to fix it???

Thank you.

Added

v1.3.5

new: 1000hz USB polling patch option

update: x64 SP2 tcpip patch support

I don't know why, but I bellive that there is something here....

Three world: x64, SP2 and Tcp/Ip.....

I should try to left this settings by default...

If it won't help - I might try to use the version BEFORE this patch were added.

It makes me to reinstall windows 2 times, and I have no so much time now.... and worse, nobody said that it will work... :(

Edited by Xttx

At least now i know I'm not alone on this....

x64 SP2 tcpip patch support might be the culprit.. Did you have any luck disabling that tweak Xttx?

Mine is running sweet on SP1 at the mo.. Might give it a go without the tcpip patch this weekend

Should it make a difference if XP64 is nlitend on an x86 version of XP as is the case with slipstreaming the XP64 SP2 file?

Should it make a difference if XP64 is nlitend on an x86 version of XP

Really no difference. If nLite itself works on OS where you lunch it, it is really no difference what OS you will modify with it.