Windows Defender doesn't install

eddie11013

Wondering why Windows Defender no longer wants to install. It has in the past. As an FYI, I used the 'Weed' one. Don't know if it matters but I replaced KB892130 with Kel's Bare WGA v1.7.36.0 & I replaced KB905474 with RVMaddons WGA v1.7.18.1.7. When I say it didn't install, I mean when I did the virtual PC thing. It does, of course, install on my computer. Using nlite 1.3.5. I have checked 'skip oobe'. Don't remember if I left 'unchecked' the Windows Activation and Sysprep in the 'Compatibility' area.

On maybe a separate issue, even though it does install, I get a pop up, something like: c:\windows\system32\dot net framework.cmd, or there abouts. I have to close it before the virtual machine can continue. This occurs after the "display OK" thing at the very end.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Eddie

Quick Note: The reason I was doing a new 'iso' was because I just found out that the 'key' I was using to make these nlite cd's was the 'coa' one, on the side of the computer. Thus, I assume, the reason that I had to get a 'new' product activation every time. Windows Defender would install just fine on those versions. I now am trying to make a new 'iso' with the 'oem' key in the winnt.sif. Maybe that is affecting the Windows Defender thing.

Thanks again

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by eddie11013

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents]
"OOBETimer"=hex:7f,63,3e,be,ec,25,8e,19,be,a7,92,c6

Copy paste this code into text file and save as *.reg

Now patch this one before performing Windows Defender installation

such as

regedit /s oemwga.reg
wdeneder.exe

Here oemwga.reg containing above reg code and wdefender.exe is silent installer of Windows Defender