logonui slipstreaming problems

as subject im currently updating my old autoinstall dvd quite basic just a few commonly used things installed as extras

now what i want to do is add my custom logonui.exe to my dvd, this works with limited success the file is copied into the install and is there as the actual logon screen however during the inital file copy process when windows in installing it throws up an error

screen.jpg

minor i know but annoying as the only time i want interuptions in the proccess is to select the partition to install to

i have sucessfully got a custom theme to autoinstall jsut this minor niggle to conquer before i try to include office and adobe things

any help greatly appreciated

Rename Ur logon screen to Logonui.exe and make cabinet file for that

makecab C:\logonui.exe

let say Ur logon screen at the root of C drive

makecab <fullpath of file with extension>

After making cab its name will be logonui.ex_ replace this file with existing one under I386 folder in Windows XP Installtion soucre

Edited by neo

Two things come to mind:

The error message says the file has not been copied correctly - this could be a media issue and I have seen many CD/DVD read problems. Perhaps burning the disk at a slower speed will help, also consider cleaning the drive you're reading the disk on.

The other part of the error says the file is not valid, meaning WFP (Windows File Protection) is at work preventing the use of your altered logonui. I usually build WinXP CD/DVDs with WFP turned OFF to avoid problems like this one.

Logonui is one of the files you REALLY need to have a reason to modify - usually done to avoid authentication issues. Please tell us what your goal is in using a modified logonui file?

Thank you and good luck.

:hello:

have tried the makecab method should have said that sorry.

there are no media issues as at this stage im using an iso file and vmware

i had assumed wfp was off as i also copied the sfc_os etc files from my current install (again used makecab) perhaps they are not off after all but i have no issues on either my current install or testing iso with and other protected files such as uxtheme etc

the only real need to modify logonui is simply asthetics, isnt that the reason we all do it?

the file does copy across correctly and my modified logon screen is used as default i jsut wish to avoid the install needing my intervention to continue