[Req] Review on Dell 1908FP displays

[deXter]

It looks like the only difference between them is one is silver and the other is black. At any rate, neither of them is an UltraSharp model. If you're going to get a Dell LCD definitely get something from the UltraSharp line. I recently got their UltraSharp 2407WFP and couldn't be happier. That monitor rocks. It's on sale right now for $569USD...and they do free shipping on all electronics over $150. You won't find another quality 24" widescreen LCD for that price. I've been gaming on the thing without any problems. My only complaint is that I don't have a second one yet!

I've seen it time and again...and I've done it myself. People usually try to save a few bucks on the monitor but it's usually the part of your computer that gets upgraded the least (i.e. it's kept longer than any other part). It's also the part that you end up looking at the most. A bad monitor will give you a headache in a hurry. I've been in the situation before where I purchased a monitor only to HATE it six months later.

The Dell UltraSharp 2007FP (not widescreen) is also a nice monitor.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

Thanks! I'll definately be going for an UltraSharp.

But what I'm interested in is like did you face any issues or quirks? Anything annoying or lacking? What about dead or stuck pixels? Any idea what's Dell's dead/stuck pixel policy? I heard Acer had something like they'd replace the screen only if there were 5 or more dead pixels. :|

There are a TON of reviews on the Dell site from people who have bought the monitor. Go to this link and scroll down:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=320-4335

There are over 250 reviews.

As for stuck/dead pixels...I believe Dell's policy is 6+ and they'll replace it. However, most LCD manufacturers have the same policy. And of course...if you can plead your case they may replace it if you only have one or two. The one I got has one but it's really not noticeable unless you really look for it. Honestly I don't even notice it unless I'm consciously looking for it.

Most of the reviews you read on the site will tell you that most people recieve their monitors without any dead/stuck pixels at all.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch