McAfee antivirus issues...

hi,

i've gotten the following files in my file-server which caused problems during the nightly backups :

1. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\BOPDATA\_Date-20070505_Time-110755987_EnterceptExceptions.dat

2. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\BOPDATA\_Date-20070505_Time-110755987_EnterceptRules.dat

the error message goes "..... could not be opened and was not backed up. (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)"

Anyone has any clue how to resolve this issue? And, what does "... EnterceptExceptions.dat" and "EnterceptRules.dat" does?

thanks!!

You will have to end all McAfee processes and temporarily disable the McAfee services so that nothing is using these files.

Perhaps you could create a script to have this done each time prior to the backup as to not cause future problems. Cheers.

Those two files are limited to McAfee. You won't be missing any critical data if you exclude them from your backups. I'd just put a filter on those two files, since they're in use by McAfee. Any decent backup software should be able to exclude files.