The KB887998 issue

johndoe74

hi, tc/tp (kinda looks like tcp/ip :lol: ) i've still got that issue with KB887998 (MS05-004) on XP MCE that I mentioned here. Everything else is getting installed perfectly, just this one hotfix ends up missing. netfx.cab is getting modified (current date). I've attached the required files to this post. I doubt it but could that weird hotfix KB934238 have anything to do with it ? As you can see, I have it installing via HFSVCPACK via a repackaged SFX.

i just did a new build with the may patches. i have some good news and some bad news :D

ok, the bad news first. with mbsa 2.0, 887998 still shows up missing as does IE7-928090 (they haven't updated the offline scan definitions so it doesn't have support for IE7-931768)

the good news. i did another scan, this time with mbsa 2.0.1 (with updated definitions) and 887998 shows up as installed which is highly weird. another bit of bad news that came along with the good news was that IE7-931768 showed up as missing/not installed - no indication as to the status of 928090 (whether installed or not). i think i'll do another build to test for that 931768 issue since i read your post that you did two successful builds with it. did you MBSA scan for compliance though ?

Edited by johndoe74