DVD Playback

Stead

Just curious, i've always removed media centre using vlite, although with the latest vlite I kept it as I've never been able to play dvd's using wmp since using vlite, I'm not sure if its media centre that needs to be there, all I know is that now i've kept media centre DVD's play file in vista

I can't remmeber the problem, I assumed it was to do with the video drivers as an error popped up saying that something to do with my video card will not let me play back the dvd

I'll have a lot of free time this week although not at the moment so I can mess around in the week to see if it was just removing media centre, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? and I know there are better DVD players but to be honest i like the convience of having wmp just work!

I do have problem with Vista in DVD playback.

This is not vlite's problem but do curious what's wrong with Vista.

When I try to play the newest DVD (i.e Tokyo Drift) in Media Center, it always say the DVD is in use and can't be play. And when I try to play it using WMP11, it couldn't decode the DVD at all.

My solution so far: Install PowerDVD 6 OEM and use it for playback.

I wonder if Vista comes with any DVD decoder. (I remember I dont need powerdvd to play DVD in xp, so what's the deal?)

ps. Sorry if this only happen to me, let me know.