Windows Calendar

IcemanND

• 1 month later...

I finally gave up and created a new one. tried a system restore but it did nothing to restore the calendar, since the system restore really does not back up user data I wasn't expecting it to but it would have been a nice surprise.

Actually looks like the machine has a hardware problem but I haven't been able to track it down yet. That or Vista is a bigger piece of junk than I thought and I'll load the machine with XP and be done with it.

I finally gave up and created a new one. tried a system restore but it did nothing to restore the calendar, since the system restore really does not back up user data I wasn't expecting it to but it would have been a nice surprise.

Actually looks like the machine has a hardware problem but I haven't been able to track it down yet. That or Vista is a bigger piece of junk than I thought and I'll load the machine with XP and be done with it.

Typically, System Restore only allows you to roll back to various driver/registry (and some program) settings.

I would try using Vista's built-in backup utility (Home Basic doesn't come with a backup utility and Home Premium comes with a stripped-down version of it). If you type "Backup" in the search box, one of the options that comes up is the "Backup and Restore Center." Use that.

tat would have required that my wife had made a backup. which was why I was after a repair utility for the calendar file.

That having been said and since it is now a now very dead issue nearly 2 months later.

Closed.