Which virtual Machine is better?

hons

Why don't you try VirtualBox? It's free, open source, has more features and is much faster than VPC!

Works really bad... Not only my opinion...

Best software products for virtualization I ever used are one from VMWare.

- WMWare Workstation - the best choice;

- VMWare Player - free.

If you thinking not possible to config the VM on VMWare Player - you are wrong: there are many tools to manage virtual disks for VMWare. Some allows even VM config edition (like MakeVM: ask google).

If you thinkig about guest OS 'tools' - you know where you can get them ;)

VirtualBox is not *that* bad, I mean sure, it's not comparable to VMware but it's atleast a much better option than Microsoft VPC. Did you try the new VirtualBox (v1.4.0)? It supports RDP, clipboard sync, raw disk access, shared folders, better mouse pointer integration and can even natively boot off VMware images! VirtualBox is also constantly being developed - new versions are out almost every month with more features and improvements. But the most strongest point VirtualBox has over others is unmatched performance.

Now VMware Player was designed primarily as a platform for virtual appliances. Compared to regular VMs, it comes off as quite limited in features. Sure, you can make your own VMX with third party tools, but its certainly not a full-fledged alternative! I mean, if VMP serves your purpose and you don't really need the advanced features offered by a regular VM, then its well and good.

But as a programmer and hardcore beta-tester, for me there's no other option than VMware Workstation. I require almost all the features VMware Workstation offers.