Windows Server 2003 Won't Boot

quijanom

Hi,

I triple boot my PC with RH9.0, Win2K and Win Server 2003. I have used Win Server 2003 for quite a while already but only seldom use it. I have no problem booting on Win2K Professional and RH9.0 but one time when I tried to boot Win Server 2003, at the Starting screen, it stop and refused to proceed further. I tried to reboot and pressed F8 to select the Last Known Good Configuration mode but same thing happened. I don't want to re-install it and if you could show me how to restore it, I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Migs

Which system is last installed

I'm using mandrake windows 2k3.I installed first of win2k3.Because its don't know what is linux boot part.

Check boot ini.Maybe win2k change ntldr or ntdetect.com.Fisrt backup and replace from win2k3 cd.

Are you can start with safemode?

Some good questions are posted above.

1) What is your last installed OS?

2) Can you boot into safe mode, or a command prompt?

3) Have you tried using your W2K3 disk's repair mode?***

*** If you do I would suggest backing up your MBR, due to the fact it more than likely will re-write the whole thing if you use the repair mode. And you will have 2000 and 2K3 but no RH.

PM me if you have questions.

Hi,

1.) RH9.0 was installed last as I used the GRUB boot loader.

2.) I could not boot in Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration Mode.

3.) I tried booting into Win Server 2003 Installation Disk and used Recovery Console and issued fixboot command but the problem was not corrected. I did not issue fixmbr because I don't want to change the Red Hat GRUB boot loader which would surely alter the Master Boot Record and caused the Red Hat 9.0 not to load anymore.

Honestly, the Win Server 2003 was an evaluation copy only but I applied the relevant cracks and activator. I thought that even if you were successful in activating the OS and removing the timebomb, there is still a hidden code that at a certain period of time, the OS will stop loading without changing or damaging any system files. Is there a possible fix for this without re-installing the OS when that time expires?

Your answers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Migs

From this page at M$.

Q. Will the settings I created when using the Evaluation Kit software remain in effect after the 180-day trial, when I install the retail version?

A. Yes. If you select the Upgrade option when prompted during setup of the full version (that is, non-evaluation) product, your settings will remain intact.

Q. If I have Windows Server 2003 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) or Release Candidate 2 (RC2) and I want to upgrade to the final RTM version, will this be possible?

A. Yes. You may upgrade from RC1 or RC2 to the RTM version.

Q. I recently installed the 180-day trial version of Windows Server 2003. When I buy the full version of this software, will I have to install it over the evaluation copy?

A. Yes. After the 180-day trial period, you will have to install the full version (that is, non-evaluation) product.

Q. Can I use the Product Key that is included when I buy a copy of the full version (that is, non-evaluation) product to remove the 180-day limit instead of installing the full version product?

A. No. You must install the full version of the product. The new Product Key will not override the 180-day limit on the evaluation software. When you install the full version product, select the Upgrade option when prompted during setup. This will keep the settings you established when you installed the evaluation version of the software.

Dont know if this helps but seems as though the RC's will expire themselves and their keys won't work with the Final release.

Hope this helped

--Likuidkewl