Yet another problem :|

Matt

after 3 formats, 2 fresh installations and 1 upgrade... swapping of hardware and anything i can to get xp working... IT STILL CRASHES ! more page file errors but if anyone knows any supreme experts then this is the error code: 0x0000008e

something to do with my pagefile again

I bet its because you have a hard drive controller that needs a driver.Go to the manufactures web site and find the xp or newest 200 driver put it on a disk and in the Xp setup, it will ask you if you have any raid or hard drive controllers, press f6 and insert the disk when asked. this will solve the problem. If im wrong, plese give more info on your system and errors.

-drew

Matt,

Its not the Hard drive...its a hard drive controller. this is most likely a on-board, but it still is onsidered a stand alone pice of hardware. Look through your mobo mauel and find the name brand of mobo or hard drive controller.

pS - include info on you system in the next post

-drew

athlon 1200

512 MB SD RAM

64 MB GE Force 2 Titanium

SB Live

Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 (mobo)

this was in the manual:

[u:a531480fc7]On Board IDE[/u:a531480fc7]

An IDE controller on the AMD 756 PCI chipset provides blabla bla, is the AMD 756 bit the part im looking for?

and also it doesnt show hard drive controller in device manager so i guess u r right (it shows CD rom controllers and floppy drive controllers)

another thing is CS + AO (games) lock up after a while of playing with this fault... might help :)

Try this matt..http://www.giga-byte.com/support/support.htm

it says the drivers for the controller is included on the Xp cd, but just try it out and see what happenes. If it doesent work try contacting gigabyte and asking when they will releace a new driver. Im not totally sure that this is the problem, so give me a detaild descrption of what happenes.Ie when, what part of the install, errors, problems etc.

-drew