Services Stopping And Restarting

gtaro

Hey everyone, I'm having a problem and I have tracked it down to services... I have two services that are randomly stopping (THEMES, and WINDOWS AUDIO) I ahave ran two or three differnt Virus Scans and Spyware Applications.. Any ideas how I can track this down. I have checked windows error logs but nothing is reported by these services or any services for that matter.. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Hey everyone, I'm having a problem and I have tracked it down to services... I have two services that are randomly stopping (THEMES, and WINDOWS AUDIO) I ahave ran two or three differnt Virus Scans and Spyware Applications.. Any ideas how I can track this down. I have checked windows error logs but nothing is reported by these services or any services for that matter.. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated..

The program that you run from your RUN box (just above the start button on your desktop)

Services.msc

is the program that will show you how each service is set up to run.

There are three settings.

Disabled = self explanatory

Manual = Will only start when called by some other program or service

Automatic = Will run on boot and keep running.

SO,,,,,how are your two services set?

If not already on Automatic, then reset them to automatic.

Just right click on any service to get the context menu and pic Properties from that menu.

You should be able to take it from there.

Apply your changes, and reboot to get everything running.

Cheers!

Andromeda43 B)

I seem to recall Services acting up as being a result of:

An upgrade as opposed to a fresh install

A not-so-smooth reinstall of the OS

CMOS battery issue (services resetting, clock resetting, etc)

Possible rootkit(s) infection