Worth trying?

NewToXP

I've been having problem running my old games ( Win95, Win98 compatible)on my new PC with WinXP. Would it be wize to install Win98 in addition to XP and play games in Win98? How painful is the process?

Or maybe I should try installing my games differently? Right now I just follow the default options when installing games.

Specifically, I can't run Messiah (Win98 compatible) that came with my video card. The game loads but kicks me out, back to the desktop screen, after the game copyright screen upload.

Yes, I tried all that.

More add'l info: I got my Dell PC with 16 MB Nvidia GeForce, took it out, and installed 32 MB Nvidia GeForce. WinXP didn't let me run the driver CD that came with the my videocard. I got a worning suggesting that I don't change drive setting; and if I do, the card would not function properly.

I used the card on my old PC. It worked fine. After I installed it on the new Dell PC, I lost control over it (tools, monitor controls, etc.)

Any suggestions?

Definatly get the updated drivers for both ur cards from the maufactures site, and give them a go. If u still cant get it to run the games u want go dual boot.......some people can get games to run well in xp and some cant

didnt xp install its own drivers for ur cards????

To Drewdatrip and Unimatrix-Zero - THANKS!

I followed your advice, got the latest drivers and installed them ignoring the warning this time. I can see the difference! I also called the maker of Messiah - they confirmed my suspicion - the game didn't pass the WinXP test and wouldn't run. All other games are working.

Thanks again!