Lite weight, easy to use camcorder video editing application

Commander X800

I'll be honest, I've looked around but haven't come up with any thing. This could be because i haven't had much experience with using Camcorders video editing applications :rolleyes:.

Regardless, like any thing else software related i know there has to be a better application than that of the default ones that come with Sony camcorders. So to be more straightforward about it; what is or if not the best lite weight and easy to use application for: uploading/editing and burning footage taken with a camcorder? The default format of the video is MPG

-Thanks in advance

What is in the MPG format? Is this a DVD camcorder or have you already transferred the footage with some program and saved it as MPG?

If it's MiniDV, use WinDV. It is a 92 KB portable executable.

What do you mean by editing? Trimming unneeded frames and some basic overlay text, or scene transitions, multiple audio layers, etc? If you want the absolute/ultimate best quality, learn about AviSynth and how to create scripts for post-processing and encoding of the videos.

VirtualDub can trim and deinterlace the footage as you will need to do on a PC and with the intention of watching it on your TV.

For video editing, take your pick. This site is a terrific reference.

Burning can be done by CDRTFE (CDR Tools Front End), InfraRecorder, ImgBurn, Nero Lite Micro, and others mentioned in this topic.