vLite Work With Upgrade Disk?

computergenie

Hello Everyone,

I am new here so first i would like to say hello to what seems to be a thriving community :thumbup

I had Vista via the "The Upgrade Redemption Program" and when i got my disc i received my "Vista Home Premium" disck and Acer Upgrade DVD which has all the drivers and applications on.

Also the Acer Upgrade DVD also takes me through a simple wizard to install vista. Problem i got is that Acer eRecovery is not available now in Vista and i haven't got a way of backing up vista incase of need to reinstall.

Can i use vLite for Vista Upgrade Disc and what would happen when i reinstall would it say my product key has already been activated etc?

All help very welcome.

Thank you,

Matthew

LOL, you asked something and expect ppl to give you answers in exactly 1 hour 2 minutes? Phhh...

anyway, you can use the Acer Upgrade DVD with vLite, as long as the directory structure of the disc matches the Vista DVD (not some image file etc)... If it says your CD-key has already activated, call Microsoft Support and request new activation codes (it's free I think...)